Jaw clenching?

[Da...]

Please help. My jaw clenching is severe, people are noticing. Does anyone else have this as bad. I feel like a heroin addict in withdrawal. It's really bad.

My teeth don’t clench together but my jaw, along with every other muscle in my body has gone super tight. My teeth feel too big and like they are clenched all the time even if they aren’t touching.

Thanks for answering Ajusta my jaw also feels very tight and my teeth also feel too big. My husband has noticed my jaw clenching because it's constant. I wonder if the jaw clenching is a withdrawal syptom or if it's something else.

Did you have it before WD?

I had some TMJ but this is ridiculous.

Since WD I have that tight, clenching throughout my whole body including all back, buttocks, hips, neck, shoulder, head and face and around rib muscles. Now legs and arms are starting to do it too. Feel like I am being crushed by my own body. All tight muscles have also gone incredibly weak.

Do you feel as of you have food stuck between all of your teeth all the time.

I know that Aston mentions toghtnessin the jaw so we have to hope it is WD.

I have had massage person and physio work on it along with everything else and it makes no difference.

No I never had anything like this before withdrawal. I have a tightness in my throat too but the jaw clenching is really bad. I did a search on it and it brought up quite a few posts. It seems it is a thing in withdrawal.

This is a very common WD symptom. Partly because of fear/anxiety. Your brain uis all upset right now and is sending out signals of fear (flight or fight-). Jaw clenching is a normal reaction to this, plus, in BWD, every other part of your body and mind is affected. Your muscles are not going to react normally, nor will a lot of things.

But this, too, will pass in time. I know its miserable. ALL of BWD is awful! But as I keep telling you, the pay opff is so worth the struggle.

east

Thank you all for the replies.

East - Can you remember when your anxiety and jaw clenching eased up for you?

I've noticed my throat is really tight all day and the jaw clenching gets really bad late afternoon/evening. It's the most uncomfortable feeling :(