Success is there. It is not hopeless

[Ki...]

It's been one year on October 11, 2017 since I had my last dose of 20 mg Valium and a couple ounces of gin. I started taking Valium in 2012 and did off and on for six years as a means to sleep. The dosage kept increasing and I had to drink alcohol with it to get any sleep at all. I went cold turkey through ignorance on October 11, 2017 and after two months I felt like I was crazy and contemplated suicide multiple times. However, I consider myself healed even though sleep is still a bit dodgy. I will never go back even though the temptation is there on bad nights. The message is that you can get through this. It can be hell for months but it WILL get better. That is my guarantee to you. Don't go cold turkey though. I will post again. Best wishes to all.

Congratulations on being healed after almost 14 months. When did you see more rapid improvement? I am almost 11 months off from cold turkey and it seems like month 9 was the most improvement for me.

Congratulations. I would love to hear more about your symptoms and progression of symptoms leading up to healing. I am currently 8.5 months off Klonopin, which I also quit cold turkey very foolishly.

Preacher Girl, Most rapid recovery came in the last 3 months. The desire to go back when I can't sleep is always there. But I never will. I am still improving and the recovery is not linear. But I shudder to think where I would be now if I did not stop.

It's been one year on October 11, 2017 since I had my last dose of 20 mg Valium and a couple ounces of gin. I started taking Valium in 2012 and did off and on for six years as a means to sleep. The dosage kept increasing and I had to drink alcohol with it to get any sleep at all. I went cold turkey through ignorance on October 11, 2017 and after two months I felt like I was crazy and contemplated suicide multiple times. However, I consider myself healed even though sleep is still a bit dodgy. I will never go back even though the temptation is there on bad nights. The message is that you can get through this. It can be hell for months but it WILL get better. That is my guarantee to you. Don't go cold turkey though. I will post again. Best wishes to all.

Thank you so much for posting, love to read success stories, they mean so much.  Congratulations!!

Mary ☮️💜🙏🎄

Congratulations on being healed after almost 14 months. When did you see more rapid improvement? I am almost 11 months off from cold turkey and it seems like month 9 was the most improvement for me.

Preachergirl did you have problems with Bp and glucose before this or is it new. Were the tremors there from the beginning or did they start later on?

Preachergirl did you have problems with Bp and glucose before this or is it new. Were the tremors there from the beginning or did they start later on?

Faith I had BP and diabetes before I C/T but both were under good control. Withdrawals caused both to be out of control, but they seem to have gotten back to normal the past two months. As a matter of fact the way my glucose is going I may be able to come off the Metformin soon. BP I may be able to lower it in the future. Spiking in BP and glucose are all normal benzo withdrawals symptoms. I went to the ER a few times for my BP spikes but they did nothing and it would come down on its own in a few hours or a day at the most. I went around in circles with this for the first 6 or 7 months.

The internal tremors started around day 11 and started to ease up around month 6 or so. I have them still but not every day and I just ignore them now.