Paradoxical Reaction

[Hi...]

I have had severe paradoxical reaction by the Meilax (Ethyl loflazepate)

I tried to reduce the dose gradually but there are continued severe symptons.

I want to know the process of care for paradoxical reaction.

How do you overcome the paradoxical reaction? Do you have any way of easing the suffer on paradoxical reaction?

When the pradoxical reaction is stop?

Does it continue until completely stopping taking benzodiazepine or gradually improve during reduing the dose

I have had severe paradoxical reaction by the Meilax (Ethyl loflazepate)

I tried to reduce the dose gradually but there are continued severe symptons.

I want to know the process of care for paradoxical reaction.

How do you overcome the paradoxical reaction? Do you have any way of easing the suffer on paradoxical reaction?

When the pradoxical reaction is stop?

Does it continue until completely stopping taking benzodiazepine or gradually improve during reduing the dose

Hi, Welcome...

You sure have had a rough time with it all.. Sorry that you are in this position...

You ask a good but difficult question.. Much more detail of your history, reductions and times might help.. (when you can, -I understand your new..)

I guess there are two general options here...

One is to taper off med fairly quickly and hope you feel better with less medication, and that you heal well med free... If you are indeed patidoxical on med, than that might be a good choice... Obviously there is the question of how you will be left feeling after your taper is complete...

On the other hand, If these are symptoms (SX) from reducing medication (past or present), and your body is sensitive and unstable, then other options like holding at a set dose until you can manage a slow taper that is guided by your symptoms, might be viable...  This can take some time, and faith... 

Both options/situations are big decisions, and can be complex to fully understand... So I hope others give their thoughts and support too..

One question is, -how does taking a dose make you feel..? Do you notice feeling better or worse shortly after a dose...??

After an up-dose, some people take a while to feel better, and seem to need to hold steady for some weeks or maybe longer...

We are all very different, So its a matter of working out what is best for you...

I hope you start to feel better soon...

:)

Dear  Cantfly,

Thank you for your opinion.

I am really glad to read your message.

I become so irritate and embarassed during the time of  the blood concentration of Meilax (

Etlyl loflazepate) is high.It comes about during 90min to 180min after taking the dose.

I do not have this sympton until I have got paradoxical reaction by the increasing of Meilax.

When the Paradoxical Reaction was so sever, I was so violate and got furry but I become gradually calm down by the reduce of Meilax.

It seems to relates to the blood concentration.

You may think I have to reduce the dose quickly, but the withdrawl is also worsen than before. Strong withdrawal makes me difficult to reduce the dose quickly.

In addition, while the withdrawal is happen, the paradoxical reaction is alse worsen.In that moment,

I become irritate very soon after taking dose.

Because of both withdrawal and paradoxical reaction, I feel the difficulty. Though I tried to stay the dose

during this November, but there happens nothing without worsening.

I feel the effect of the beonzodiazepine changed completely before the increaing the dose.

The following is my brief history;

-------------------------

I have seriously suffered from paradoxical reaction after increasing a very small dose of benzodiazepine. I also have had chronic benzodiazepine withdrawal for a long time and chemical and drug hypersetnsivities.

Once I had taken Meilax (Ethyl loflazepate; categorized long acting; half- time about 120hours) for two months. I have stopped to taking Meilax at once under the order of doctor.

As a result, I had sever benzodiazepine withdrawal and the doctor had tried to change the medicine many times for the care of withdrawal, but I have developed the hypersensivities of drug.

Eight month later, I had begun to take Meilax 1mg, (it is the same amount when I stopped the dose), and the symptom is eased.

I tried to reduce Meilax by 0.1mg per month again, but I had developed chemical hypersensivities during this reduction trial, so I stopped the reducing and I have kept taking 0.55mg of Meilax in average in a year.

I heard there is a great relevance with chemical hypersensitivities and benzodiazepine withdrawal, so I have begun to increase Meilax from 0.53mg to 0.58mg by 4 months.

There is no problem until dose of 0.57mg but it has suddenly happened paradoxical reaction after I begun to take 0.58mg of Meilax. I had anxiety, excess stimulation, insomnia, violent and outbreaks of anger. Doctor suspect these symptoms as paradoxical reaction.

Because of sever hypersensitivities for drugs, I tried to gradually reduce the benzodiazepine just very few doses from 0.58mg by 0.0025mg and to 0.56mg.  I tried to stay the dose on this November but it was so difficult days. There still left irritation and furry.  I  feel ill, headake, muscle pain, and etc. it is difficult to just lie down, so, I lean against wall.

Therefore I begin the reduction again on December.

-------------------------------

Hi Hiroko.

Well the good news is that your not on your own.. This is quite a common story here...

To me, The word Paradoxical means the opposite of the normal or intended effect..

So while this is probably a correct term, The words "withdrawal  symptoms " are more commonly used...

Where as a "paradoxical REACTION" to me, is more what would happen if one had Adverse negative effects when first starting the medication.. Often with the first dose...

*** If anyone has a better or more correct definition, pls sing out...

It seems to me Hiroko, That you have a pretty good understanding of your situation, and the problems you may face...

I Think you can get free of this medication, but due to the symptoms and your apparent sensitivity, this may be slow and take some time... -More than many Drs will often understand...

A slow Symptom (SX) based taper is something for you to consider... This means forgetting a schedual, and an end date, and only reducing your dose when your SX are manageable.. -Holding as long as needed if SX are increasing too much... Small reductions more regularly usually work better than big cuts made less often...  Many people make tiny micro cuts from a prepared liquid every day (or so)..

I didnt have much luck finding the Meilax Valium equivalent... The best I got was 1mg = 5mg valium, -with a long half life also...

If correct, This would mean your 0.1mg cut is equal to 0.5mg of valium.. That can be a a pretty big cut for us that are very sensitive to these meds... It took me months of increasing symptoms to recover from a cut that size towords the finish...

This is probably all stuff you know already... So I just realy want to say, It CAN be done, but one has to find their own taper speed that matches ones body's ability to adjust to the lowering doses... Symptoms are usually the best guide...

Best wishes as you work out your taper...

And I hope you feel better soon..

Dear Cantfly,

Thank you for your sincere message and opinion :)

I have not experienced Paradoxical reaction until increasing the Meilax.

After the increase of the dose, I have developed paradoxical reaction and my chemical hypersensitivities is worsen than before.I feel the system of GABA becomes too sensitive by the increase.

Becase of the increase, I have experienced the same symptons of withdrawal when I try to stop the dose at once in the past.I continue the reduction with desperate but I feel the effect of the same medicine changed completely copared with the past.

About taper:

As you mentioned that the cut of 0.1mg may be too large for me, I have tried by just 0.0025㎎(i.e. quater of 0.1mg ) in this September and October. Fortunately, The outbreak of fury and violence is calmed but I still feel many bad symptons and I feel the size of 0.0025mg is still large and so I begin to try the 0.00125mg(the one eighth of 1mg!). Though it is a very little bit of difference, I have more chance to spent calmly than before. 

I want to ask abut you if you do not mind.

Have you also experienced Paradoxical reaction or similar sympton?

How do you changed your condition during reduction? With the reduction, do you feel better than before or not changed so much?

I have very difficulty for reducing but I want to know what kind of change happen during reduction.

Hi.

Yes, I was very sensitive to changes in dose, Which us why I had to taper so slowly... Though not as slow as some have had to...

Many Symptoms were with me the whole way, Some got much worse after a cut, so I held my dose steady until I was ready to continue... as per sig...

Following this, hiroko it must be frightening!

I hope it settles soon.

I’ve had the same trying to reinstate lately, 5mg made me shake and panic and heart race and then pass out... but after a few doses at 2.5 it seems to have settled.

I think it’s definiteky sensitivities and our poor receptors getting confused and messed up.

Let me know how u go ☺️

Cantfky you always have such great calming advice x

Dear Cantfly

Have you ever increase the dose?If so, what happened to you?

You say you continued the reduction while the some symptoms worsen.

Have you felt something better by reducing though you have withdrawal?

I hope you spent good christmas day!

Dear Dtrain-1987

Thank you for your message

You said you have suffered dose of 5mg and settled in the dose of 2.5mg.

When does you change the dose from 5mg to 2.5mg? Did you immediately reduce to take 2.5mg after taking 5mg? Or

did you continue 5mg for a while? How do you reduce? Do you jump to 5mg from 2.5mg? Or did you reduce gradually? I want to know how do you change the dose.

I hope you spent good christmas day !

Following this, hiroko it must be frightening!

I hope it settles soon.

I’ve had the same trying to reinstate lately, 5mg made me shake and panic and heart race and then pass out... but after a few doses at 2.5 it seems to have settled.

I think it’s definiteky sensitivities and our poor receptors getting confused and messed up.

Let me know how u go ☺️

Cantfky you always have such great calming advice x

Hi hiroko

Merry Xmas to you too!

I stopped 5mg immediately and went to 2.5 at 5 doses instead of 3 of 5

I’m in hospital now tapering off Baclofen and trying to stabilize so they can monitor my reactions.

I want off ASAP I can’t see how I can taper like this so wil discuss with my doc

I’m v sensitive too and I tried to increase Baclofen to help stabilize after my CT on Valium but that went paradoxical too... GABA is all messed up. Just want to be off and healing.

Dealing with a lot of physical pain and tremors... I have other issues too my doc is helping with supplements to try make me feel better. Will see 🙏🏼

Hope u feel better soon

Dear Cantfly

Have you ever increase the dose?If so, what happened to you?

You say you continued the reduction while the some symptoms worsen.

Have you felt something better by reducing though you have withdrawal?

I hope you spent good christmas day!

Yes I took a couple of rescue doses, usually after a cut that was a bit too big.. And a couple of times I went back to my previous dose... The last time I went back to half my jump dose...

They worked ok, -as expected... Nothing fantastic, they took the worst of it away...

I held my dose after a cut until I felt ok to cut again.. -It took a bit of time for me, as per my Sig..

Its a bit hard to say if I felt better as I got lower, probably because I cut again if I was feeling ok, and I have other Meds complicating things.. I did feel much fresher in my mind when I got very low in dose.. I guess I did feel better, as I was doing more... But I was also holding longer...

Hope this helps a bit... Remember we are all a bit different...

D-Train..  I hope all is going ok for you... Wishing you the best...

Thanks Cantfly ☺️

It’s been a rollercoaster year that I’m glad to see the back of but getting there!

Hope ur doing well and had a merry Xmas x

I’m having thos now.

When I take my dose the muscle tightness and pain, head whooshing, hyperacusis and fear now gets worse.

My body has become extremely sensitive to the drug going in and out of my body.

It is hard to know what to do.