Klonopin taper

[Cr...]

Hello I started my tapering 3 days ago. I took klonopin 8mg for 23 years for panic attacks. My taper is .25mg every month. My pdoc wants me to take baby steps since I have been on a high dose for so long. I’m finally starting to feel the beginnings of withdrawals like increasing anxiety..nauseous..tingling of head and arms..extremely tired during the day. I know things will get much intense! Not my first time dealing with this. I’m bi-polar 1 and take 1500mg depakote and 600mg Seroquel xr and 7.75mg klonopin. I also take Gababentin which I have heard helps. I have read this and my pdoc mentioned something to me. I realize I’m in a long fight for my life. After I get the Klonopin down my pdoc wants me to switch to Valium. Any information on the taper and dealing with the withdrawals would greatly be appreciated!

You should keep a journal.

Your experiences in getting from 8 mg down to a few milligrams will be so different compared to getting off the last few mg.

When you get down to lower doses it will be nice to be able to read all your accomplishments. It will provide the strength and hope to finish the taper.

I recommend after each reduction you hold until you’re stable and write in your journal how long it took to hold each time.

Everybody is different so being able to look at your own personal history will help you greatly.