I’m two weeks into the journey. Anyone else new to this?

[Sm...]

I’m so grateful to have found Benzo Buddies. I never knew the Xanax I was taking would lead to this. Is there anyone that is in the early stage of recovery like I am? I’m experiencing flu like symptoms and severe insomnia problems. I have been helped immensely by all the posts from buddies who have been where I am now. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

I’m not new into the experience but I remember it like it was yesterday. I still get benzo flu so I totally understand! Welcome to BB we’re glad your here. ☺️

Thanks for your response! I understand this is going to be a long process. I’m so fortunate to have found this supportive community. I know for sure I’m not alone!

• 2 months later...

Hi Smilelygirl,

You seem to have a good outlook about what you're going through, those symptoms are miserable aren't they?  Wouldn't it be great if we could sleep through this?  I used to wish I could check into a hospital and sleep for the months it would take to get me better, but alas, it doesn't work like that.  It seems like your body wants you to learn a horrible lessen by keeping you awake for every single agonizing moment.  Oh well, it is what it is, so that means we have work to do. 

Instead of being able to pop a pill when times got tough, we have to figure out coping skills instead.  The problem is we can't enact these great new skills until we get through withdrawal because nothing seems to work during this but time, time away from the durg and time to heal from the effects of the drug. 

Patience is a great help during this, acceptance that we're powerless to speed it up and trust that healing will happen, ugh, some really tall orders, huh?

You can do this, I have confidence in you, even if you don't-- so hang on to us and know we'll help you through.

Heretoehelp