I recently stopped taking benzos and have had muscle pain on my left side only

[ap...]

I have been taking Valium and Etizolam since August on and off for anxious situations, once or twice a week on average. Sometimes I did 3 days in a row and others I would go a week without taking anything.

Max dosage of Etizolam was about 3mg, I usually just took 1mg or 2mg, Valium would be 20mg and maybe a 10mg redose, no more than 30mg a day. Sometimes just 10mg.

I last took Valium 2 weeks ago today, a few days after taking my last dose, I woke up on Wednesday and my head and neck were really heavy on my left side. It was cramping, my left arm too, so cramped I couldn't turn to the side without pain. I wasn't able to lift my arm up above my head. Had to lay in bed without a pillow or else the pain would intensify unless I was laying flat.

It has decreased in intensity, but I still have it slightly. I'm just wondering if this could be anything to do with the benzos? Am I going through mild withdrawal?

I've heard of muscle cramps as withdrawals but not on one side.  Just wondering if it could be caused by the benzos, I don't know what else could be causing these muscle cramps.

Yes, this is very possible. Many have issues with just one side. My left leg is much weaker and cramps more than my right.  Good question.

Hi,  this kind of thing is common, and it's not something to worry about imo.  Are you left handed?  I am, and 80% or more of my symptoms were worse on my left side. 

:smitten:

all my symptoms go through the left side of my body. Leg, arm, chest, jaw... All except  headaches, the burning tongue and the lump in the throat.

And I'm not left-handed

Mine is much worse on right side bust have extreme tightness right along spine from coccyx to to of neck, around ribs, shoulders, head and face. Pain all over.

LOL! Megan

I am also left handed. Sometimes I think Lefties make BETTER Cat People. Studies show lefties tend to be more verbal and more creative. Introverted - a bit.

I don't recall if more of my physical symptoms were on the left or not. I bet they were, but I was too busy trying top SURVIVE! LOL!

Time heals us and nothing else....

east

• 3 weeks later...
Left side early on, then both sides and now 32 months out, right side arm pain into shoulder and neck, pain moved from my right leg and hip......crazy stuff.