Agoraphobia getting worse

[Su...]

I am so scared. My agoraphobia is getting worse. I used to go in front of my house now I can’t even be around the front door when my family opens it. Im loosing my mind I feel like I’m brain damaged. My anxiety is going to kill me. Someone please give me some advice my life is over. Has benzos unlocked some sort of pathway in my brain never to be open?

I just want to say I feel so heartbroken for how bad your suffering. I literally can’t imagine what your facing but the only way to deal with agoraphobia is to face it. If you lee letting fear rule you it will win. Same with panic attacks, and avoiding places because of them. People associate an attack with that place. I’m saying this because I walked through that for 18 months and I had horrible dr/dp. I got over it by simply facing it and it was so uncomfortable but in the end I won. Through my whole taper and Heqling I haven’t had 1 panic attack. I feel for you because I know you have small kiddos too.  I’ll be praying for you as well! I hope I don’t sound harsh I’m just offering advice because I walked through it and it worked for me.

I just want to say I feel so heartbroken for how bad your suffering. I literally can’t imagine what your facing but the only way to deal with agoraphobia is to face it. If you lee letting fear rule you it will win. Same with panic attacks, and avoiding places because of them. People associate an attack with that place. I’m saying this because I walked through that for 18 months and I had horrible dr/dp. I got over it by simply facing it and it was so uncomfortable but in the end I won. Through my whole taper and Heqling I haven’t had 1 panic attack. I feel for you because I know you have small kiddos too.  I’ll be praying for you as well! I hope I don’t sound harsh I’m just offering advice because I walked through it and it worked for me.

Thank you so much for your advice, it means a lot GIH. The derealization scares me so bad. Like I keep convincing myself that I have schizophrenia. I get the freeze response. I’m scared of literally everything. It’s like since all of this I have been stuck on fight or flight. None of my memories feel like my own. My dreams  are centered around me leaving the house and something terrible happening. I have nightmares every night that fuels my anxiety and derealization. I don’t even know what to do. If I could actually get to a Dr and get some medication (besides benzos)  I would take it with no problem for just a MONTH OF MENTAL RELIEF . I just want to go to the store to buy  a f*cking gallon of milk but no I’m in mental Hell, I don’t know how can I survive this.  :'(

You should google how to recover from DP/DR. Fear feuls it and keeps it going. If I get hit with any dp/dr it doesn’t phase anymore. I just tell myself ok I know what this it, it won’t hurt me and it will go away. It leaves within a few mi it’s to an hr max. As far as the schizophrenia thing I had a huge phobia of it for 3 years. Look at the facts most people get it in their early 20’s and you normally have to have a family history of it. Also you don’t get schizophrenia from anxiety, so it’s HIGHLY unlikely that’s what it is right now. Try to use coping skills to get the anxiety under control. Expose yourself to things that cause anxiety and walk yourself calming yourself down and desensitizing yourself to it. Deep breathing, positive thinking, walking, eating healthy, calming music, baths. Most of all be patient with yourself. If your a believer have someone from church pray for you! God has been my number 1 help through this all. If you ever want to chat feel free to message me. ❤️

Sunshine, godsmyhope is correct you have to face it.  Try  listening to Clair Weeks, I listened to her over and over again even as I ventured out in public I would play one of here lectures on my phone with my ear buds in the entire time.  Get someone you trust to go out with you.  The only way to the other side is through it. Try starting small with a walk around the block.  After every successful time congratulate yourself and build on that knowledge that you did and nothing bad happened.  Sure you might have felt uncomfortable but you did it and you can do it again. Each time it gets a little easier and just keep expanding on your accomplishments. Even if is only to the end of the driveway at first you can do this!