Is the 2nd year worse?

[Su...]

I am 13.5 month off, and struggling with bad depression since month 11.  I was 70-80% normal in month 8-9.  I heard before that some buddies who healed mentioned that the 2nd year is worse then the 1st. 

How many people had this experience?

Thanks,

I'm having a way worse start of second year. But other ppl say its better. So I'm not sure. Depends on the person. 70 to 80 percent is good news though.

Thanks for the reply.

I was very functional in month 7-8.  With some self-pushing, I could go to parties and shopping, although still struggled with anxiety. At the time I was having acupuncture treatment.  I did it for 20 times that is the insurance allowed for 2018.  After I stopped, soon I had a really bad setback.  Still wondering whether it was a mistake for me to stop acupuncture.

I found months 14-18 or so to be very hard. Worse than 1st year? Not sure, different. I was more functional but in some ways it felt worse.

I found months 14-18 or so to be very hard. Worse than 1st year? Not sure, different. I was more functional but in some ways it felt worse.

What were your worst sxs in month 14-18?

It’s difficult to say, but I guess year 2 has a lot of painfull and I am going to die moments. So in general I think year 2 is much thougher. But on the other side, if I get windows than they are fine.

Wow hard to recall now really, it was just all out horrible, almost 24/7 anxiety / buzzing nerves / nausea / depresssion and much more.. was in tears at work many days.. like I say, I was functional though but it was very hard, it was like first 6-7 months but I was more functional and I worked through it all, which I couldn't do in that first 10/11 months. Maybe it's harder because you have more windows and you are able to feel it more, whereas the first past of this I was on another planet for first 6 months at least.

Wow hard to recall now really, it was just all out horrible, almost 24/7 anxiety / buzzing nerves / nausea / depresssion and much more.. was in tears at work many days.. like I say, I was functional though but it was very hard, it was like first 6-7 months but I was more functional and I worked through it all, which I couldn't do in that first 10/11 months. Maybe it's harder because you have more windows and you are able to feel it more, whereas the first past of this I was on another planet for first 6 months at least.

Hi Klungo,  you are really giving me hope, thanks.

You may not remember when the depression went away.

To me the second year was disappointing! My expectations were more positive than the reality! Towards the end of my first year I had a small taste of relief. I felt that I was near the end of this ordeal. At the end of the first year or a little after I was hit hard with multiple symptoms and some new ones! It would be good to have someone in the medical field that would let their patient know what to expect and how much time it takes to experience complete relief. I walked into this completely blind. When I told my doctor what I was going through, he laughed. That was the last day I went to this guy!

I hope that what I say doesn't discourage others. Don't expect that one fine morning you will wake up and have no more symptoms from then on. I have learned that recovery is not a "one size fits all" situation. Short time use doesn't necessarily mean that you will have a speedy recovery. My recovery has taken longer than I had expected. I will tell you that I am feeling much better than I have in a very long time. I do have moments though that remind me that my healing is not finished!

Going back to your question. I would have to say that the first year was by far the most difficult journey I have ever experienced!

[d7...]

Its really weird, its like in one way the first year was the toughest cause man i was still totally "toxic" and poisoned feeling, and the symptoms were so insanely intense. the 2nd year now its kinda different, but still so much is the same, too, and im beyond exhausted and worn out from this. the 2nd year is almost tougher cause my stamina is completely shot, i dread waking up into this everyday, totally exhausted from all this. its like its not quite as powerful in certain ways in year 2, but emotionally its as hard as ever to deal with.

good gravy just praying for any kind of break,

so, in my incoherent rambling, is say:

year 1 was stronger, but with some sorta windows

year 2 is a long, steady burn with barely any breaks.

just disappointed that at 18 months im still in hell pretty much.

Not for everyone I’m 1 year and 2 weeks off and I feel great. I feel mostly healed pretty much all the time now. My waves are mild and not often. Everyone heals differently. Sorry your still struggling withdrawl is super difficult.

Well I’m days away from month 18, and thus far year 2 has sucked. I’ve seen hardly any improvements, I suppose overall it’s a touch better than earlier on but I still get acute waves, like a lot, and it’s just been going on for so long I’m worn out and losing hope. I’ve read success stories where people are healed in first year, but here I am halfway through second year and a wreck. Am I going to be an outlier case who doesn’t heal?? That’s a real fear with me.