Talk to Me About Lyrica / Pregabalin

[Gr...]

I got a prescription for Lyrica today.  It's for the pain in my mouth right now where I am having either a herpes outbreak or something that like looks just like it and it is SO PAINFUL.  My prescription is only 30 25mg capsules.  Please tell me your experience with lyrica(pregabalin). 

Horrible. Only took it some months in the lowest dosage and I was really addicted to it. While tapering it the pain was the worst ever. I would not want anyone else to take it, green cup.. I also had more symptoms like depression, anxiety..

In your shoes I would get checked whats going on in your mouth and get that treated. If its herpes you need a med for that and not lyrica that is a burden for the liver and the hole system and would not help for an immune reaction like herpes.

Isnt there a normal pain killer you could take?

I do not know one single person who was able to stop lyrica without problems (I know only 9, but..)

I took it to help me get off gabapentin and for anxiety.  It helped initially for anxiety but it gave me terrible concentration and memory issues the first 10 days I was on it.  The effect for anxiety kind of wore off and I didn't feel it would be helpful going forward so I tapered over about a month and didn't have any problems with the taper.  I was in the midst of tapering sertraline so that may have masked negative effects or it could be that I just wasn't on it long enough.  About 2.5 months total I think; hard for me to remember.  I didn't feel addicted to it or even that that potential was there but I kept it low-dose.