Need Help with Final Titration Schedule

[Ga...]

I have had suffered from severe OCD (primarily pure obsessionals vs checking etc) since my 30’s.  I am now 75.  Since beginning my withdrawal from Klonopin in March (at 4 mg), my OCD has gotten progressively worse.  The last two weeks it has increased exponentially. I need to see SOME signs of improvement soon.  I don’t want to reinstate, but I don’t know what else to do. I’m now at .19 mg, and my current schedule puts me at finishing my taper Jan. 17. 

I was thinking about increasing my taper so that I could be done sooner—a reduction of at least 13 days.  I feel like that would give a psychological boost.  My question is this:  Would it be detrimental in terms of withdrawal side effects if I go significantly above the 10-12% reduction in 10 days guideline, even though the dosage amounts are very small?

My current plan:  Hold 3 days from .18 thru .11; hold 2 days from .10 thru .06; 1 day from .05 to 0.

My proposed plan:  Hold 2 days from .18 thru .11; hold 1 day from .10 thru .01 

And I’m not sure if it would be necessary to go all the way down to .01.  But if I did, this would cut 13 days from my schedule.  If I quit at .05, that would cut 17 days.

I would really appreciate some good advice on this.  Thank you.

I have been taking Klonopin roughly the same length of time you have and I have to say...wow, what a great consistent taper. Wish I had been smarter about it.

I’mnew but based on your slow history of tapering K and your currently low dose, it really seems like you could handle it. I would in your shoes. So happy for you.  :)