Lorazepam 0.75 mg at night

[Pi...]

I'm ready to plan a taper off the 0.75 mg lorazepam I take each night. I'm joining to gather information.

During 2014-2015, I took 1-1.5 mg lorazepam at night. (Was taking daily sertraline as well). In 2016 I too-rapidly tried to taper both. I stabilized at 25 mg sertraline daily and 0.75 mg lorazepam at night. I've been on a gradual taper of the sertraline since January 2017.

Hello Pinkycorum :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

You will get plenty of support here. You are making a great decision tapering off benzodiazepines.  Benzos should be tapered off slowly, reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. You can go slower,  whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

Please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Pinkycorum,

I am also tapering off .75mg of lorazepam at night. I am using a liquid taper. There is help here on how to do it. It is easy once you get the tools and how to work out the  schedule. Going very slowly is advised to avoid severe. side effects/withdrwal.

Just ask any question under "Taper Plans"

Good Luck!