reintroducing foods

[go...]

Now that I am seeing some periods of better health I am thinking about reintroducing some foods. Atm I eat a very restricted diet, gluten, dairy, alcohol, sugar, caffeine free. I don't think things like tomatoes, vinegar and mushrooms etc. Whats the best way to introduce things back in? Obviously very slowly at first, but say I was to have a bad reaction, would it take hours, or days or right away, anyone know how that works?

[e4...]

Before I figured out benzos were destroying my life I had a very bad panic attack and ended up at the ER - at that time one of the doctors theories was I had an allergic reaction to prawns I had eaten.... point is the response of the body can take up to 24 hours later... something I certainly did not know.

So, slow and steady wins the race. Reintroduce things that are part of your long term healthy diet plan.... just a Little and wait and see and then a little more and more often. Any brain altering things like alcohol or caffeine are best left until you are close to fully recovered IMO. I had a good run with caffeine recently that turned into a nightmare. Now even two cups of decaf affects my sleep.

I also see I eat more pick me ups in bad times which is probably foolish, I always feel disappointed in myself when I eat poorly.... again. Enough of my vices... all of the best and I hope you enjoy reintroducing good food.