Hi

[St...]

Thirty years on Ativan. Started at 1 mg up to 10 or more until June. I started a taper and am down to 7 mg. Holding steady. My largest dose is taken at bedtime...5 mg. I am trying to get off the day dose and only take my sleep dose. I know my fight will begin when I decrease the sleep dose. My plan is to get down to sleep dose until I retire in 4 years. I know I will not be able to work without sleep.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Stickers12!

We are very glad that you found us! Sounds like you have a great start with your taper!

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

OR

For a Visual Tutorial:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE

Links:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

Just not sure when to make the next decrease. On 7 mg for 6 months now. Planning to drop 1/2 mg of Christmas break. Is that too much of a cut?

:) Stickers12, just want to welcome you to the forum! You have come to the right place for support and information.

Congratulations of your reductions to date!  :smitten:

-PH 🌷