Benzos run my life.

[En...]

I was googling on how to taper Klonopin, when on a forum, someone mentioned the benzo buddies had helped her a lot in her struggles on benzo. Hence, I am here to educate myself.

I am 75, started on 2 mg Klonopin twice daily a year ago to alleviate zyprexa-induced tardive dyskinesia, anxiety and insomnia. It has helped with TD a lot. It also helped initially with anxiety and insomnia.

My doctor started tapering morning Klonopin a month ago and am now on 2 mg at bedtime. Plan is taper off Klonopin completely and use Ativan instead to address anxiety and insomnia.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Endnote!

We are very glad that you found us!

Sounds like you are doing a crossover. May I ask why he wants to switch you to a shorter acting benzo ???

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

OR

For a Visual Tutorial:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual

Taper Info: