My Benzo intro

[sp...]

Hi I joined benzobuddies from searching my withdrawals symptoms on google.

I want to get off all benzodiazepines forever!!!!

I have been taking benzos on and off mostly on for almost 7 years.

My present dose is 10mg diazepam prn.

I have not started my taper yet. Don’t know how to do it properly.

I need help to get off this evil drug!!!!

Hi  springtoheal :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you found us, you've come to the right place for support and information related to benzodiazepines.  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process.  They will be willing to share their experience with you.  Feel free to ask questions so that members can respond.

For tapering advice its generally recommended that you cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days according to how you are feeling.  If things feel too tough then we suggest that you cut less.  The goal is to remain as functional as possible whilst moving forwards

The  Ashton Manual , It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita