Rehab withdrawal

[Th...]

I am 53 years old, had been on benzos for 10 years. Was also abusing Tramadol. Mostly took benzo as prescribed. Most recent drug was Xanax 2 mg bid. I went into detox and now inpatient rehab for 90 days...have professional license on the line. I was switched over to Klonopin 2 mg bid, but weaned off it in 2 weeks. I am one month off benzo and suffering with pain, super sensitive body, and poor cognition. Some improvement.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Thomas1965!

We are very glad that you found us! Congratulations on being benzo free! Sorry you are struggling with withdrawal symptoms from he Xanax & Klonopin. Going cold turkey/rapid taper is not recommended and can be a very unpleasant experience. Hopefully you will recover quickly. Hang in there....

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful recovery. You will find many knowledgeable people here who will support you in your efforts to remain benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below. Check them out!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

OR

For a Visual Tutorial:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's Manual