Can't remember what I had for lunch. Really. How long does this last?

[St...]

Good heavens. Ate lunch early while out running errands and later in the day my wife asked me what I had eaten and for 5 mins I couldn't tell her.

It was like all my senses became numb and I wasn't even in the room.

Almost had trouble talking.

I hid it well I think but...

Wow. It only lasted a few moments and now all is good.

What the heck happened?

There wasn't a flash of light as before.

Anyone else?

I had memory issues too. They got better as I healed. I would also do things, and it would feel like I hadn't really done them. I think that was apart of the dp/dr.

I'm in a setback now due to an antibiotic but all this stuff got better for me. I was functioning like my old self again around 16 or 17 months.

whew, seems to be very bad today for some reason

Hard not to panic about it

I understand. That is textbook withdrawal though, and I really believe it will improve for you over time. Try not to stress too much. Like you said. Easier said then done for sure!

What you're going through is normal, though it can be alarming.  I live alone and am retired, so i didn't interact much with others, but my cog fog was extreme, and usually combined with head congestion and head and eye pain.  My memory was non existent at times, my mind would go blank, and strange words would come out when i spoke, usually related to whatever i was looking at at that moment rather than what i meant to say.  I couldnt remember how to shift my car into drive gear, etc. 

It was all strange and scary, but it got better in time.  :thumbsup:

Just today I had to think about when my dang birthday was. For a minute I thought it was a different day. I mean I had to sit and really think about it. Like what do I normally write down. Finally I confirmed the date with my husband who thought it was a test. It was but not for him. Geez. My mind has gotten better but I still have lapses like that.