Irritable 😠

[Al...]

Hi all, I’m actually a recovered addict/alcoholic. Steered clear of everything for 11 years now, I did abuse benzos badly during my drug drinking time. My issue now is not with abuse, I had a bad very bad mental health crisis 18months ago and was put on lorazepam 2mg a day. I was desperate not to take it but my mental health was BAD! So skip to now, I’ve had therapy, feeling much better, on 1mg a day lorazepam now but I hate it. Feeling physically dependant and so irritable all the time, not calm! Wound up like a coiled spring. I was never wlike this before, I never got stressed at all before.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is the only one of its kind online.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5 to 10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  Note: very short term users may be able to taper faster.

Withdrawal symptoms, which vary widely but commonly include anxiety and insomnia, often occur during a taper, but these are temporary and will get better in time.  In general, first tapers are easier, but cold turkeys or multiple withdrawals may be more severe and longer lasting.  Here are a few links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual, a concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Once again, welcome!

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]