Grateful for this community...

[...]

I hope I am welcome to be here...I have a family member that I love dearly who has trouble getting online.  I am interested in ways to best support loved ones in their journey with benzos.  We are inspired by the accounts of those that have tapered off...and I am hopeful and supportive for my own family member, should they decide, to become free as well.

There are so few support groups out there that are solution oriented.  I have been educating myself for years about these drugs...I do my best to not feel like my cherished family member has been hijacked by a chemical.  It's tough!

Thank you for sharing this vital information.  Through my own education, I continue to encourage and inspire my loved one that there IS hope...that freedom is possible!

Hi YHVH :hug:  Welcome to the forum.

We are always very pleased to welcome new members supporting close ones going through withdrawal.  I thank you sincerely on joining for advice and support for your loved one.  I know sometimes you may feel helpless but  all we want is for someone to be there for us. It can be hard for anyone to understand what we go through.  Withdrawal from benzos can be a very lonely place, family support, and support from people who understand is vital.

Withdrawal can be one of the most challenging and frightening experiences that a person can go through.  Benzodiazepines should be tapered slowly. It is suggested cutting between 5% and 10% of the daily dose every 10 - 14 days. It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable. We have a great community, members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal,  they will share their experiences with you.

Here are some links, you may find helpful.

Firstly, I would recommend that you have a read through The Ashton Manual,  It is a valuable resource and outlines some of what one might experience, and also gives some withdrawal schedules. 

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Family Members / Partners Support Thread

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you...thank you...I am so glad I found this resource oasis!!!

I'm seeking to support my loved one in researching gentle supplements that might be added in to their daily diet that won't interfere with current meds (lamotrigine, seroquel, duloxetine).  Any suggestions for which forum will be best?

Also, trying to support my loved one in reducing their sugar intake (a lot of fruit juices, white rice, starchy foods, etc!)  I have a fair amount of balanced diet info....but it's a bit different for someone who is on benzos.

I will keep scouring here to see what I find to help me understand more!

with gratitude!

YHVH