My journey;)

[Gi...]

Ok I just read the reason . I have been tapering for almost a year on my own ! Have been on Xanax, 2 mil 3 times a day to clonipen 2 mil 3 times a day to Valium 10 mill a day to 7 to 5 to 3 to 1 ..! In the last year ! I knew I was jumping off this nightmare train because my PA of 15 years  ,retired! Not even caring what happens to her patients that are DEPENDENT ON THESE MEDS !!  .No doctor was going to perscribe the ridiculous amount that my pa was “prescribing “I was 😡, I was upset ,that this happened to me ! 18 years of my life ! I wanted my life back ! it’s slowly coming back ! I feel things now ! Even when the withdrawals! I hate the feeling but, I know I am healing! I do believe I was in denial! About the recovery until I started  reading symptoms! My jaw , my back , SO TIGHT! These are the most prominent symptoms i am having ! A little depersonalization..a lot of stomach issues.But I able to work by the grace of god ! .Praying so much 🙏..🙏.My Brain is healing ! I try to focus on feeling again ! It’s worth every SYMPTOM! even if it’s uncomfortable 😣! ..Going to make a full recovery! There is no option for me ! Feeling so many different things .Its still early in my journey..😊👩🏼

Hello  Ginaiscalm :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We are glad you found us, well done on your taper, its not easy without support.  Congratulations on being benzo free.!  You will get plenty of advice and support here to help you on your journey.  You made a good decision to withdraw from benzodiazepines.  I know how difficult this process can be, but I promise it will be worth it.  We do eventually recover with some time. 

Please feel free to post and ask questions.  We have a great community, our members are very supportive and caring.  Check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual ?  It is an excellent resource about these types of medication and their effect on the body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms

Here are a couple of useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

You got this!! Great attitude. Be careful of pulling a muscle when your back is so tight. Move with extreme caution. All normal withdrawals for sure.

Thank you Leslie it’s was definitely something I did not truly expect.I think allot of people don’t realize that this is a hard frightening experience! No One understand this madness.I really thought I would just be in withdrawals for a few weeks then be done .Boy was I wrong! Glad to have found this site ..support page and good luck also in your healing ..😊😊🥰