Am I tapering to quickly? So far it seems to be working....

[fa...]

This is what I have been doing, I am only one week in, but so far I am doing well.

I take 4mgs xanax daily divided into 4 doses. So 1mg 4x day. I have been putting 1mg pill into a jar then cutting out .5ml, I do this for EACH jar....so 4 jars each with 1mg xanax and .5ml cut out of each jar...so essentially I am cutting 2ml correct?

The next day I took my 1mg xanax put it into one jar and took out 1ml. Did this with each jar, so x4 jars this would be a 4ml cut correct?

The next day I took my 1mg xanax put it into one jar and took out 1.5ml. Did this with each jar etc.

I am not good at math and don't understand the calculations and percentage, but is this a safe cut or is it too much? I see most people combine all 4mg of xanax into ONE jar take out 1ml and then split into 4 jars.

I am only one week into it and handling it ok, but I don't want to get hit hard if this is too fast.

Can someone tell me the Percentage I am doing by doing it the way I am? If i am correct it is a 3.8% cut every 15 days which is well within Ashton recommendations, but I don't know if the math is correct.

Is there a youtube video or a way of learning how to do the math correctly so I don't have to bother anyone, I would appreciate it.

Sending positivity to all in your journey  :smitten:

This is what I have been doing, I am only one week in, but so far I am doing well.

I take 4mgs xanax daily divided into 4 doses. So 1mg 4x day. I have been putting 1mg pill into a jar then cutting out .5ml, I do this for EACH jar....so 4 jars each with 1mg xanax and .5ml cut out of each jar...so essentially I am cutting 2ml correct?

The next day I took my 1mg xanax put it into one jar and took out 1ml. Did this with each jar, so x4 jars this would be a 4ml cut correct?

The next day I took my 1mg xanax put it into one jar and took out 1.5ml. Did this with each jar etc.

I am not good at math and don't understand the calculations and percentage, but is this a safe cut or is it too much? I see most people combine all 4mg of xanax into ONE jar take out 1ml and then split into 4 jars.

I am only one week into it and handling it ok, but I don't want to get hit hard if this is too fast.

Can someone tell me the Percentage I am doing by doing it the way I am? If i am correct it is a 3.8% cut every 15 days which is well within Ashton recommendations, but I don't know if the math is correct.

Is there a youtube video or a way of learning how to do the math correctly so I don't have to bother anyone, I would appreciate it.

Sending positivity to all in your journey  :smitten:

How much liquid are you putting in the jar with the Xanax?

Thank you for responding Bella Amis

I am putting 200ML of liquid in each jar, so one jar(dose) has 1mg xanax in 200ML liquid and I remove .5ml for that dose, then I do the same for the other 3 doses for the day (200 ML liquid and 1mg pill then removing cut). The next day I take 1mg xanax put it in a jar of 200ML of liquid and remove 1ML for that dose and then the same for next three doses. The next day 1.5 ML out of each jar etc....

It might sound confusing so example first day

6am dose 200ML liquid in jar, 1mg xanax, pull out .5ML drink remainder

noon dose 200 ML liquid in jar, 1 mg xanax, pull out .5ML drink remainder

6pm dose 200 ML liquid in jar, 1 mg xanax, pull out .5ML drink remainder

bed dose 200 ML liquid in jar, 1mg xanax, pull out .5ML drink remainder

next day same process but pull 1ML out of each

next day same process but pull 1.5 ML out of each.....

I'm just concerned this might be too fast... as most videos teach drop 1ML TOTAL per day and then increase to 2 next day and so on.

I'm horrible with math and don't know the percentages, I would love to learn to calculate this on my own

Your taper rate is about 2.5% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 200).  But since you are making constant cuts your taper rate will start rising a little. 

After 100 days you will be tapering at about 3% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 150 for each dose).

After 200 days you will be tapering about 5% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 100 for each dose).

After 300 days you will be tapering about 10% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 50 mL for each dose).

At any time, if you think your symptoms are becoming too much to handle because your reductions are too much, you can dissolve your dose in more water.

Thank you HopetoDoThis,

I really have a hard time understanding the math. It is very confusing to me. You said Your taper rate is about 2.5% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 200).  But since you are making constant cuts your taper rate will start rising a little. This only factors ONE dose for the day. I take 4 doses daily. Does this change the percentage?

I am also wondering, is there a way to do this without INCREASING the % after each 100 days. It seems scary to me. I really wish I understood math better.

When I read my response I thought it sounded confusing too  :)

No, the percentages I gave work for your daily dose too. The percentage is the same, whether it's from each dose or your total daily dose.

Keeping the percentage the same means you have to remove less and less from the doses. So maybe when the symptoms start to creep up on you, you start removing one quarter (0.25) more mL from your doses instead of 0.5 mL. Does that make sense?

Thank you HopetoDoThis,

I really have a hard time understanding the math. It is very confusing to me. You said Your taper rate is about 2.5% every 10 days (0.5 divided by 200).  But since you are making constant cuts your taper rate will start rising a little. This only factors ONE dose for the day. I take 4 doses daily. Does this change the percentage?

I am also wondering, is there a way to do this without INCREASING the % after each 100 days. It seems scary to me. I really wish I understood math better.

Have you considered tapering a different way where the math is figured out for you?

Here is a sample:

Click image

HRXgwyq.png

This is a program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

HopetoDoThis,

Yes that does make sense, thank you so much for explaining it to me :)

I don't know if I can reply to just your message so you get the response (like Facebook) or if I just reply to the whole thread? I'm still learning how to navigate here lol.

I have a question that maybe you or Bella Amis can answer for me. First is the above question and second, I was wondering if there was a way to be notified if someone replies to your post? The reason I ask is that I can be very involved reading all the valuable information on here for hours and not know that someone has responded unless I go to the top and click on show new replies. When that happens I loose my place on where I may have been reading only to find out that there has been no response yet sometimes  :laugh:So I find myself always going up to check. Is there an easier way?

Hi Bella Amis!

Thanks so much for sharing I will certainly look at it. I appreciate you sharing the link. I apologize if I am repeating myself, but I don't know if my reply goes to you or the person before you so I will ask you as well...

I was wondering if there was a way to be notified if someone replies to your post? The reason I ask is that I can be very involved reading all the valuable information on here for hours and not know that someone has responded unless I go to the top and click on show new replies. When that happens I loose my place on where I may have been reading only to find out that there has been no response yet sometimes  :laugh:So I find myself always going up to check. Is there an easier way?

Also wondering how do you find your posts. Once I have clicked on show new replies to your post, It will not take me back to my post again to respond to the next person. How do I find my posts  :D

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

HopetoDoThis,

Yes that does make sense, thank you so much for explaining it to me :)

I don't know if I can reply to just your message so you get the response (like Facebook) or if I just reply to the whole thread? I'm still learning how to navigate here lol.

I have a question that maybe you or Bella Amis can answer for me. First is the above question and second, I was wondering if there was a way to be notified if someone replies to your post? The reason I ask is that I can be very involved reading all the valuable information on here for hours and not know that someone has responded unless I go to the top and click on show new replies. When that happens I loose my place on where I may have been reading only to find out that there has been no response yet sometimes  :laugh:So I find myself always going up to check. Is there an easier way?

The only other thing I am aware of is you can have notifications sent to your email and I would assume if your email is set to notify you when e-mail message arrives then that would be a viable option.

To set email notification go to profile> notifications then select appropriate boxes  :thumbsup: