Need advice on liquid taper of Klonopin

[Bu...]

I am on Klonopin 0.5mg since 8 months back and wants to quit.

I am considering a liquid taper, and need some advice. I want to post a question on the liquid taper forum.

Hi Buddy999 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

You will get plenty of advice and support here, I am glad you found us.  The general recommendation is to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days, it is okay to go slower, whatever rate you are comfortable with. Feel free to ask questions so that members can respond.  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process. 

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

The Ashton Manual

If you look at the top of the titration board, you will see some stickie threads with information you might find useful.

Titration Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please browse the boards and post to any of the dedicated threads.

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Welcome from another newcomer!

I am nearing the end of a liquid Klonopin taper. Here's what I know:

Klonopin DOES come in a liquid "suspension." This means it's a powder floating around in a thick liquid (sugar syrup). Before starting my taper, I asked my psychiatrist, "so, what do they give, to like, children?" Klonopin IS given to children, btw, because it's used for epilepsy. She looked it up and was like, "Is cherry okay?" So I didn't have to go through the trouble of shaving pills or getting a scale or crushing pills or anything. I decreased by .1mg per week. Here's some things you may want to know about the suspension:

This suspension should be refrigerated. This may be a pain if you are traveling.

There are new FDA requirements stating that this drug should be replaced every 14 days. My psychiatrist doesn't think this is for any "real" reason with Klonopin specifically, but you may have to have it refilled at least every 2 weeks.

The suspension is .1 mg per ml.

Make sure to gently shake the bottle, as the Klonopin particles tend to settle at the bottom between doses

When you shake the bottle, air bubbles may form in this thick liquid and it's a pain to get them out. Flicking the syringe while it's upside down is one way.

Sometimes the liquid "hits" people faster than the pill.