hearing loss v bad tinnitus Worse since recent cut, Does it ease down, holding

[ch...]

More problems to add the mix.

I lost a lot of my hearing 30 years ago and have high pitched tinnitus which I am used to , but now I also have an added loud low pitched sound, and checked my hearing. In my right ear it has gone completely, and guess this is part of Valium reduction, compounded with taking propranolol as I did yesterday, Both of these drugs seem to be ototoxic and so even though the propranolol helps a little I dare not take it except in desperation as each time it make the Tinnitus unbearable. It was always there so am used to it, but this is too much to cope with. I use a fan to mask some of it, but this should not be happening, I had accepted that with hearing aids I can hear, but now I am losing that too.

Is there anything else I can use that has helped any of you to reduce the overwhelming anxiety/ panic that I am in during this taper. I am at rock bottom and would welcome any suggestions. I heard mention buspar, but the psychiatrist said no. Sun theanine? , I am open to any suggestion or help. I am getting none off the medical profession. Even told her I would be better dead, but she had to go as that is a new conversation.

So low. Please can anyone  help?

For me distraction is the key. I have had the tinnitus for months. It does amp up the anxiety.

It cannot hurt you however. You have control over that. I started taking an AD a one point, it helped a bit.

Some mild exercise like a walk or just getting involved with the family helped me cope

Hope you get relief soon.

Thank you for replying. Yes I know about tinnitus as I have had it for so many years, but this is an added extra and seems to have taken more of my hearing too.

I am trying to distract, but am finding it hard as I seem to have closed down. I cannot, for some reason speak to anyone, I think it may be that I am now so tired and exhausted as well as living in severe anxiety. I have become depressed as well.

Did you start taking an AD whilst tapering? I have heard it hard to get onto one and can ramp up the anxiety too, which for me is awful along with the nausea, so think I might struggle to introduce on. but thought maybe 5hpt. I am getting no help from the medical side. Just leaving me to it.

Which Ad are you on. I really do need my mood lifting that is certain.

I still have tinnitus and although at time it can still get very loud when I first got it from stopping klonopin very fast I found ear buds with the sound of crickets chirping worked to help with the anxiety side of things.

I found that just one ear bud worked as well as using two.

I do commiserate with you as tinnitus can be really hard on the nerves and at times I would wonder how I was ever going to live with it for years.

Now after 2 years it is an annoyance only, I still wish for quiet sometimes but am no longer put into fight of flight by it

2trusting

Than you to trusting

Yes tinnitus is a hard to live with, but got used to it over 30 years, it's just that it's a double whammy now as I have two sounds, and also I think extra nerve damage going on, so that the little hearing I have left, boosted with hearing aids, has gone completely in my right ear. I had noticed an increase in the tinnitus tapering the Valium, but  there is a dramatic increase each time I try to take the propranolol 10mgs.. I would love to be able to take it as the Doctor recommended as I think it would help what is an horrendous taper. But each day is a toss up, How bad is the panic fear dread, anxiety and is the risk of losing all my hearing worth it, Yesterday and this morning yes it was, but it's not a choice I want to make. It's a lose lose.

All because my doctor and follow up nurse reassured me it was not addictive and I have been trying to taper for months with very severe withdrawals to the point of being in hospital, where they put me right back to where I started at 4mgs. Now I am in dire straits again and I haven't even got back  to the 2.5mgs I had reached yet.

I really need something safe to help keep some calm, instead of the beta blocker, but not sure what, Everything seems to be not recommended, Just thought Suntheanine might help or any other suggestions, that is safe to take in the day. I keep going over and over how well I was this time last year, and now this, mostly bedbound for months on end living in fear, Now I find I cannot speak to anyone . I cannot focus or concentrate, and dread what it will be like when I stop the Valium, Maybe I wont be able to I am scared the Doctors took my life in a slow painful process.

I am so very frightened and unwell and now this deep rumble as well as the high pitch squeel is all I hear, can;t even watch tv or read as I used to ,

I so want to be well, but fear I wont ever be .