QFTH: Any advice on how to make the nightmares stop?

[Fa...]

I feel like I've been doing so much better during the day. but these nightmares every night are really starting to get to me. Yes it's good news that I'm sleeping but when sleep is only filled with nightmares that really doesn't do as much good.

They are so vivid and real and they feed upon my worst fears. I wake up so fearful.

Does anybody know of any meditations that will help stop this?? Any advice it all would be appreciated.

I had the same issue or similar, I would wake up in terror from a dreaming all through the night. Started just in the morning then progressed. I would get up and go sit in the recliner in my basement meditating till the very last minute when I had to leave for work. I'm not sure when but it did stop for a while. For me it did not have to be a nightmare, just any old dream.

Just want you to know you're not alone in what you're going through. I'm glad you're feeling better and starting to do things.

I hope I can get there also. Waking up in terror or despair really makes this a lot harder. Sometimes I think I'm loosing my mind and will not get better but it has to. That's another one of my mantras, "This has to end sometime, we were never meant to have to endure this kind of torture".

It's actually a good sign that you're dreaming--when I was on benzos, I didn't dream at all. I read that this has something to do with the poor quality of sleep that benzos put you into.  So the fact that you're dreaming means you're healing.  As far as nightmares, I'm

not sure--I have very vivid dreams, but not nightmares (on Zoloft, though, which is prone to cause vivid dreaming).  I would check on

a few things:

1) whether any of your other medications are prone to causing nightmares.

2) your diet--I've read that diet, particularly WHEN you eat, and what you're eating, can cause nightmares.

Thanks everyone.

The only other medication I. take his insulin for my diabetes which I've taken for 10 years.

I'm paying attention to my sleep hygiene and I've also completely cleaned and organized my sleeping area. I got an air purifier that I keep next to my bed now. I even cleaned out all the drawers in my nightstand. The nightmares seem to have eased up a bit. Thank goodness. I've also been praying a lot more.

If you can, attempt some short meditation exercises before you sleep.

but congratulations on dreaming, it took a good month for my dreams to come back. Any dreams.

And they were nightmares of particularly intense types hitting adult fears.