Searching for guidance

[Pr...]

I've been on clonazapam for the better part of two years for panic disorder and generalized anxiety. It wasn't until recently that I noticed I'm experiencing several side effects which I feel outway the benefits. My doctor while not unsupportive also has given me no advice to get off safely. I have managed to get down to 1/4th of a 0.5 mg tablet without significant withdrawls but I don't know what to do from here. That's why I came here in hopes to gain knowledge and find support through the tough spots with others who truly understand.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is the only one of its kind online.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5 to 10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  Note: very short term users may be able to taper faster.

Withdrawal symptoms, which vary widely but commonly include anxiety and insomnia, often occur during a taper, but these are temporary and will get better in time.  In general, first tapers are easier, but cold turkeys or multiple withdrawals may be more severe and longer lasting.  Here are a few links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual, a concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Once again, welcome!

Not knowing where you started from in dosage or how quickly you tapered: I would say that jumping at 0.125 mg could be your best option.

Not knowing where you started from in dosage or how quickly you tapered: I would say that jumping at 0.125 mg could be your best option.

Perhaps..??

But lets not "jump" to any conclusions just yet...

lol :)

PreBloom -Welcome..

You will probably come to see there are a variety of tapering styles.. Some more suited to certain situations than others... From ashton type % based tapers, through to far more symptom based (often slow) tapers..

Some tapers can be quite fast, as I hope is the case for you, and some tapers can be Turtle slow due to medication sensitivity, past history, pollydrugging, etc..

We are all so different in body and sutuation...

There are some "tools" to help if one needs... Things like a Daily Liquud Micro Taper (DLMT) which is quite popular for those that want some help... Holding at a set dose for a period of time is quite popular also if one is experiencing increased symptoms (SX)... 

Pill splitting like we are/did can get a bit rough for some of us at lower doses as the cut size can be a bit large...

Anyways, lots to Explore on here on BB... :)

I wish you the best as you find your path off these meds...

:)