Lost my mind/adrenaline surge

[Mk...]

I just figured out what happened to me last night. I had an adrenaline surge. That was the most awful experience I've ever had. I thought it was a new anxiety withdrawal symptom. Well....I guess technically it was much like anxiety

But, it made a panick attack look good. I had such an intense agitation that I couldn't hold still. My eyes where about as wide open as they could get. I feel like I went Insane

Still recovering from this today and felt on edge all day. Has anyone experienced this? If so please tell me your story.  It helps so much to know I'm not the only one.

100% i have felt this mk125. In my withdrawal it was one of the worst symptoms I’ve ever felt. At its worst, it went on for weeks without stopping. I was convinced at one point I was going to die. It happened recently in an acute wave but didn’t last as long. I was much more mentally prepared. This time around, I reminded myself that it ends. Distraction, deep breathing and constant positive talk were my saving grace (and these boards!).

I’m so sorry you experienced this symptom. It’s horrible and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. You stayed strong and made it through!! If it happens again just remember that it goes away!

Thank you for responding.  This symptom is probably the most scary so far for me and definitely something I didn't expect. I just hits you out of nowhere. I'm not sure how to even word this but, why this? Of all the crazy things that happen.....THIS happens!!!! I clearly knew it had to be withdrawal related but I didn't even know what it was till I looked around on here almost all day. I feel so badly for the people that haven't found this forum yet.

Thank you for responding.  This symptom is probably the most scary so far for me and definitely something I didn't expect. I just hits you out of nowhere. I'm not sure how to even word this but, why this? Of all the crazy things that happen.....THIS happens!!!! I clearly knew it had to be withdrawal related but I didn't even know what it was till I looked around on here almost all day. I feel so badly for the people that haven't found this forum yet.

I absolutely agree- when I experienced it, I had an idea of what could be happening but couldn’t believe the intensity and that my body was capable of experiencing that kind of horror...and out of no where! . I was in absolute despair and desperation. It’s so awful to think about the people going through this that have sought medical advice and were probably placed into psych wards and put on meds. It’s so so so sad.

The one thing i can say is that now when I have a window, i am so grateful to be alive and not experiencing it. It makes you so much more appreciative of the windows! I pray that if the feeling returns, it’s for a shorter duration and less and less frequent. Fingers crossed!

You’re not alone!

[2a...]

Oh yes! But I feel like I am going insane. So crazy! Wanna scream out loud,  pull my hair etc. Cry pace around. So afraid. Pure terror!

I guess this is normal. My friend also in benzo w/d has this too. It is scary. It will pass. I have it sometimes now.  :angel:

I feel like I go crazy!!! You literally can't do anything to help or stop it either. Did you experience this a lot? Or just sometimes?

I think I have experienced what you all are talking about. I have woken up in the night many times and had such bad intrusive thoughts in my head that I basically went into a state of psychosis or a panic attack, not sure which one. The thoughts can get so bad that I start retching and then I start crying. I have woken up my wife many times as this has happened, saying things like "I don't know if I'll live through this" or "take me to the psych ward." Eventually, I am able to calm down. This has also happened to me once in the middle of the day when my parents and daughter were in the room.

[2a...]

I feel like I go crazy!!! You literally can't do anything to help or stop it either. Did you experience this a lot? Or just sometimes?

I had it every day for a long time.Now it happens sometimes. But now I know what it is. My worst epidodes was i june. I freaked out. My thoughts went crazy. I thought I was gonna kill myself or my husband (my ocd thoughts) Like I was gonna loose all my control. I was so scared, crying telling my husband that I was going insane. Afraid of end up in a psychiatric ward.  But I didn't. It is scary but you are not going to loose it. It will pass. Hold on! :angel:

Yep I call them glutamate storms. I had a run of them again recently and they are scary and horrible.

I've had these on and off. Good name for them as you really can't do anything about them since it's all chemical. That's the biggest problem for me, then it just totally ruins my day. Not that I've had any good full days. I keep thinking I would get better so much faster if I could wake up feeling ok. Not looking for euphoric, just ok will do.

Did this morph into something else as it does for me? Usually deep despair or thinking there is something wrong with me and why can't I just be normal.

These also screw my whole day up. I don't know how I'm still working having to go through this torture.

When they were at their worst, they would send me into a dark spiral, intrusive thoughts, despair, depression. They seem to a little less nasty now at least but still not easy to handle.

I took ginkgo biloba for two weeks and just stopped a few days ago. Someone else who I am talking with who is also trying the ginkgo used the phrase glutamate storm too and said it's common after quitting the ginkgo if one tries the ginkgo protocol. I had one of these storms today while at work and the intrusive thoughts were directed at my daughter. Very strange. It isn't as bad right now. It literally feels like I'm losing my mind when this happens though.

Do these glutamate storms ever go away?

I'm sure they will go away with everything else.. I don't get them as often anymore, I can go weeks without them, then get a few, then they go away again. Most sx I can manage, even ones that aren't particularly fun like the body aches, but these things throw me down every time. Time is the cure..

For sure MK!!!!  I am nearly 11 months out and these are unreal.  I can set my watch to it.  Everyday around 10 am at work I can feel it coming... Next thing I know I'm trying to peel the skin off the back of my neck.  It makes work days extremely challenging.  I can't turn it down and I feel completely helpless.  Then after lunch it starts to subside around 1pm.  By the evening its like nothing ever happen.  Wake up the next day and do it all over again.  It sucks, and really hurts.

oh yes! they are horrific! in early withdrawal I would wake up at  early A.M.  feeling like going crazy . I would wake up my poor husband hollering his name.  it will come and go come and go.  then eventually stop so I can go to sleep.  now it waits until around 5-6 m on  some days.  very horrifying.  I would like to hear from someone who had this and it went away completely.