Is Roxane diazepam 5ml/5mg a real "solution"? Do you need to stir it?

[su...]

I've been diluting Roxane 5ml/5g with water to make my starting LT solution.  I just re-read the Roxane pamphlet, and it states "Diazepam is a colorless crystalline compound, insoluble in water and has a molecular weight of 284.74."  The molecular weight of water is 18.  I was under the assumption that the whole point of liquid diazepam was to have an even "solution."  And, I guess I thought than since the red dye was evenly distributed and there are no particles to see, it was a perfect solution.  Is it possible that tiny, invisible diazepam crystals are actually sinking to the bottom?

I am using the same liquid Diazepam as part of my taper.  Once I mix it with water I put the lid on tight and shake it up.  I make a large dose at a time that lasts for several days.  Each day before drawing my dose with a 10 ml syringe I also shake the jar up. 

On the label it says to dilute before using to enhance palatability.

I have been following a protocol shared by a very knowledgeable member who posts under the name of Builder has shared with myself and many others.  It is the method that he used.

Liquid Diazepam has two problems: as it comes out of the container, it has a very harsh taste, and also it is super sticky which means that it will stick to the insides of syringes and such so it would be hard to get the full dose if you were doing it straight.

Builder suggested to mix it 9 parts water to one part liquid Daizepam.

Here is what I have been doing based on his advice.  I have some 10 ml syringes which I bought from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1  along with a jar that I bought from them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076DJHYK4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a simplified example of what I do to mix it up:

I use the syringe to measure out 10 ML of water and I spray that into the bottom of the jar.  I do that twice so that I have 20 ml of water at the bottom of the jar.  This prevents any of the liquid Diazepam from sticking to the bottom of the jar--even though it would be an imperceiveable amount if any.

I then use the same syringe to draw out 10 mg of liquid Diazepam.

The jar now has 20 ml of water and 10 ml of liquid diazepam in it.

I then use the same syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar.  I do this 7 times so that the jar now has a total of 90 ml of water and 10 ml of liquid diazepam in it.

By drawing the water into the same syringe after I used it to draw the liquid diazepam and spraying it into the jar, I make sure to wash out any of the liquid Diazepam that might have stuck in the syringe--although none is visible to me.

I now have a jar with 100 ml of solution with the water at a 9-1 ratio with the liquid diazepam.  At this point I close and shake the jar.  I also shake it every day before drawing my daily dose.

I've actually been making about twice that amount, but I stayed with those numbers to make it easier to understand since the ratio is the same.

Another thing that I do is pour a bunch of the liquid diazepam out of its container into a glass jar and use that to draw from to make my mixture. 

I do this for two reasons:

1. It is very hard and awkward to draw the liquid diazepam out of its container while it is much easier to do so out of a jar since the jar has a wider top to get the syringe into and is smaller and easier to work with.

2. I am afraid that I might wind up dropping or spilling the liquid diazepam container if I am trying to tilt it to draw liquid out of it with a syringe. 

Here is a long thread where Builder explains some of this to me:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=209572.msg2705142#msg2705142

Here is a link to another thread on liquid Valium or liquid diazepam (same thing):

http://198.58.99.130/forum/index.php?topic=126701.0

I've been diluting Roxane 5ml/5g with water to make my starting LT solution.  I just re-read the Roxane pamphlet, and it states "Diazepam is a colorless crystalline compound, insoluble in water and has a molecular weight of 284.74."  The molecular weight of water is 18.  I was under the assumption that the whole point of liquid diazepam was to have an even "solution."  And, I guess I thought than since the red dye was evenly distributed and there are no particles to see, it was a perfect solution.  Is it possible that tiny, invisible diazepam crystals are actually sinking to the bottom?

Yes, it is a "real solution".  The active ingredeient, diazepam, is uniformly distributed in the liquid (every ml will contain exactly 1mg of diazepam), and it will not "settle out" or otherwise seperate.

And when you dilute it, the dilute solution will maintain the same properties of uniformity and stability.

So, no, you really don't need to stir it, but hey, why not? 

Additional info:

"Diazepam is a colorless crystalline compound, insoluble in water and has a molecular weight of 284.74."  The molecular weight of water is 18. "

That is in reference to diazepam in its original, dry state. That is NOT a description of the diazepam in its dissolved liquid state.

Since it is insoluble in water, it must be first dissolved in a proper solvent.  The 2 commonly used diazepam solvents are alcohol and propylene glycol.  And Roxane (now West Labs) makes a diazepam liquid both ways. The Diazepam Oral Solution (1mg=1ml) is the PG based liquid, and Diazepam Intensol (5mg=1ml) is the alcohol based product. 

Once the diazepam has been dissolved in a proper solvent, it will be evenly distributed throughout the total volume of liquid.  And since the diazepam is actually in liquid form, it can readily be further diluted with water, or most any other liquid of your choice (fruit juice, soft drink, etc)