What would you describe as “brain fog”?

[No...]

Today I was driving (which has become difficult for me) and I completely lost track of where i was going and what was happening. The best way I can describe it was I was completely disoriented.

Would that be a good example of brain fog?

Sounds like it to me. I have this a lot as well. I " space out " quite a bit as well. I also have a hard time organizing myself in the mornings or when planning things.

Thanks for the response, guys. I was able to stay calm during this but it is pretty scary. It also happened to be at a time when i felt like jumping out of my skin which isn’t so great while you’re driving  :-\  I’ve had the feeling before but couldn’t identify what was happening.

I have been eating more sugar and bread the last few days. I wonder if that’s the difference. Getting back to healthy eating tomorrow.

Annie- I’m glad to hear that this is getting better for you. Puts me at ease!

Sorry tryouts are going through this horrible hell we call benzo recovery.

Like yourself I still get disoriented at times. I really hate going out to the garage to get something and have to stand there and try to remember what I went out there for. Then return to the house empty handed or ask my wife what I went out there for. Never had this before withdrawal and recovery. It’s common and for me it’s slowly getting better. You will be fine.

Driving to work in a total daze. Sitting at work at your desk just staring at the screen knowing what you should do but just can't bring yourself to do it.

I would almost describe it as like dementia. I can’t concentrate on anything or remember anything. So bizarre! Not the worst withdrawal feeling I’ve ever experienced but definitely not fun, that’s for sure!

Just posted about not remembering what I had for lunch when asked today.

I thought hard and couldnt remember.

Had a bit of a panic but calmed myself down and it all came back.

Dang it...another symptom