In a bad state what do I do? Panicking

[ch...]

I think I have gone into an acute state having reduced my 3mgs Valium by .20mgs in the past 17 days, reducing 25mls at 17 days ago and 3 days ago another 25mls. which is 20mgs I think as my liquid is in an odd ratio of 2.5mls  per 1mg of Valium. I am in such a mess shaking and clenching my jaw, can't speak to anyone, don't want to sit still. terrified, heart racing missed beats. I have taken a propranolol and have rung the psychiatrist for advice twice but no return call yet.

Do you think I should just ride it out, and hold for a while,  or go back up the 25mls. I am shaking with fear so much. It seems such a tiny amount and means I am reducing less than .5mg in a month. I am not a long time user of Valium, so thought it would be ok at this speed, but appears not. 

Desperate for some advice  what to do for the best.

Chinchuck,

I am so sorry for your continued suffering.  I will share that I was physically symptomatic with muscle and nerve pain my entire taper and found updosing unsuccessful and equally as symptomatic retracing my steps a second time. I also found that the waves of pain increased once in the lower dosages requiring a short hold and then moving forward.  I dry cut MT removing between .25 - .45 a month once under 4 mg.  Additionally, I found my symptoms beginning to lift and improve once under 1 mg, although when the waves hit, they hit hard.

I would encourage you to hold a bit and wait for the wave of symptoms to lift enough to feel reasonably adequate.  For some of us, holding and updosing never completely resolves the symptoms requiring we accept that pain and suffering is part of this.

I hope your symptoms settle quickly, Chinchuck.

Thank you so much for your reply, I cannot get my head round why I should be reacting this way. It's as if I have gone CT, but I haven't and it's not even a drastic cut that has been split, with a 2 week gap between.

I am so sorry you had trouble too, but it gives me hope that I might improve when I reach 1mg. I cannot say that I have ever been ok in all the 8-9 months I have taken it. so much of that time taken up with tapering.

I will try to hang on if you think that going back up wont help. It's just so unbearable at the moment.

Did you take anything to help at night. as last night I spent the whole night in a state of anxiety, where before the cut from 3mgs , I did at least get some sleep,

I think its all getting to me, and I am frightened that if making smallish cuts does this to me, what will I be like when I reduce to zero.

I really am in such a state. I need to find a way to calm down, but I nothing works, Can't read or watch tv, can't speak to anyone, It's all consuming the fear and restlessness. I really don't understand any of this. Is it my age, and my brain will never heal? 

Honestly you really would think I had just stopped taking the Valium and even then if I had surely it would take a few days to push me into this state.

Just lost here and very very frightened

Can someone else verify her math please who knows about liquid titration? I see that 2.5 mls  = 1 mg. So using that - she would have reduced by 0.5 mls to reduce 0.2 mg. Not sure if she is just missing a decimal point but I think she is saying she reduced by 25 ml and 25 ml = 50 ml. That doesn’t make sense.

Chin - I think you have reduced by 16.6 percent in the last 17 days... by going from 3 mg to 2.5 mg is liquid. That is great! But yes, you will feel some significant withdrawals if not Acute. Since your health was deteriorating fast on the lose dose of V - I actually recommend a faster taper.  Just as Ss says - I think you WILL stabilize given some time (2-3 days) and then cut again in 10 days. You are doing great even though it feels like death. So sorry. No way around so you have to go THROUGH it. You can do this and are doing it. Proud of you!

I think I have gone into an acute state having reduced my 3mgs Valium by .20mgs in the past 17 days, reducing 25mls at 17 days ago and 3 days ago another 25mls. which is 20mgs  I think as my liquid is in an odd ratio of 2.5mls  per 1mg of Valium.

Do you think I should just ride it out, and hold for a while,  or go back up the 25mls. I am shaking with fear so much. It seems such a tiny amount and means I am reducing less than .5mg in a month. I am not a long time user of Valium, so thought it would be ok at this speed, but appears not. 

A few questions:

1. Please check and tell us the exact ratio of valium per milliliter in the mix.  Exactly how many milligram is it per milliliter?

2. How much water are you mixing with the liquid Valium if any to dilute it?   

2. I would definitely go up the last 25mls that you reduced.

3. reducing .5mg a month on 3 mg of Valium means that you are reducing by 16%, which is on the high side.  I am of the belief that reductions should be symptoms based more than percentage based.

the Valium is 2mg in a 5ml solution,  . 1.25mls is .5mgV . I have gone down .50mls from the 1.25mls ? Don't know the percentage. in 17 days .

Help!

I don't think I have gone down that much? if 1.25mls =0.5mg.  I have taken off 50mls off the 1.25mls. but even so it feels terrible, even more awful than the awful I felt already.

I wish there was something that would help, because I cannot stay on Valium it is making me so bad, but how do I get off it without something to help such acute withdrawals?  Just too ……. old

to deal with this.

I have taken a 10ml  propranolol this afternoon, but it increases the tinnitus I already have from losing my hearing 30 years ago, and it makes me nauseous.

When I asked the psychiatrist before she said have a brandy. so I don't hold out much hope there, but see what she says tomorrow.

Just terrified. I cannot focus on anyone talking to me, or phone calls or tv or anything. I see no point if this is life from now on.  Way too old at 73 .

crying . sorry

Run out of options I think. tried the hospital, and Drs caused this  mess and have nothing to offer to help. I am trapped by a pill and even if I take double it wont make me better. So scared. I don't want to die.  Just survive tonight is all I can do, scared of tomorrow, no way out of this hell.

I think I have gone into an acute state having reduced my 3mgs Valium by .20mgs in the past 17 days, reducing 25mls at 17 days ago and 3 days ago another 25mls. which is 20mgs I think as my liquid is in an odd ratio of 2.5mls  per 1mg of Valium. I am in such a mess shaking and clenching my jaw, can't speak to anyone, don't want to sit still. terrified, heart racing missed beats. I have taken a propranolol and have rung the psychiatrist for advice twice but no return call yet.

Desperate for some advice  what to do for the best.

Is it true you are currently taking 2.8mg Valium per day?  Yes, that is a low dose.

When I got down to 0.125 mg Klonopon (equal to 2.5 mg of Valium), I had to really reduce slow to keep the symptoms tolerable.

I suggest you hold until your symptoms get tolerable.  You might also try Buspar.  Buspar is not a fix, you will still have some symptoms, but it makes them tolerable by taking the edge off the anxiety.  It is a strange thing, but taking the Buspar eased my symptoms just enough that I could keep going with my taper.  I only took the Buspar for a couple of weeks and stopped with no problem when I felt better.

Thank you for your suggestion Bob. I asked my psychiatrist about Buspar today, but she said No.  I wish there was something other than the propranolol I was given that would help as each time I try it, my poor hearing gets worse. It is already damaged from 30 years ago, and use hearing aids as surgery failed,  then Valium tapering has added to the problem of the tinnitus I was used to which is high pitched, and now propranolol has ramped it up to unbearable with a very deep hum, and my hearing seems to be almost destroyed now in my right ear, so I really need something else to help. Otherwise propranolol does help a little, just unbearable to manage and that from someone used to tinnitus, A safe day time something to stop the worst of the panic dread fear, anything at all?