low testosterone - any tips WITHOUT getting shots/supplements?

[He...]

I'm about a year and half out from cessation. Still having lots of issues, like everyone else, but one thing that is consistently troublesome is low testosterone. I've had it tested several times, and is usually around the 220 range. I have all of the symptoms of it (insomnia, very low energy, etc), but I do NOT want to go get shots, supplements, or whatever doctors will give me. Understand that I don't much care about wonky blood markers - I just want to feel better - the low T levels just vindicates how I'm feeling. I think if I can get my levels increased, at least that part of me can feel better and then I can complain about all the other stuff later.  :laugh:  For over a year, I've been doing light exercise to no effect whatsoever. I just can't get into shape - no muscle definition and I end up with a lot of joint pain. I used to do very rugged hikes in remote wilderness areas, mountain biking, all of my vehicle maintenance and repairs, some sports, and now, if I do something simple like change the oil on my car, I feel it for several days after. I read an older article on the Art of Manliness website (don't laugh!) the other day about increasing T levels, and I've been doing all that stuff for a very long time.

On a side note, has anyone read about low T levels causing panic attacks? When I had my first panic attack, yes, I was going through a very stressful time, but it seemingly came out of the blue. And I never defined myself as an anxious person to begin with.

Since I know people ask these things: I'm 44, male, weigh about 140, and eat fairly healthy but no special diet.

Any tips on increasing testosterone levels would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
I can help you with this, i never had a problem with testosterone but have have used herbs for libido that also raises testosterone. You can try a herb called Tongkat Ali extract 100:1 or Tribulus Terrestris extract even Fenugreek extract at 50% fenusides. These 3 herbs are the best for raising testosterone and libido i personally tried them all and they work. They can be stimulating, if it stimulates immediately stop.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the suggestions, Scooby99! I will certainly give those a shot. I've already tried some ashwaganda (sp?) to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...

See an endocrinologist and make a decision from there. If you're chronically Testosterone deficient then that's a medical challenge that you will not be able to fix with herbs or at least I haven't found anything that will make the significant changes required.

I'm low as well and am considering TRT again although I do not want to... but if it gives me 20% better quality of life right now, I'll take it. I'm 44, 150lbs.

See an endocrinologist and make a decision from there. If you're chronically Testosterone deficient then that's a medical challenge that you will not be able to fix with herbs or at least I haven't found anything that will make the significant changes required.

I'm low as well and am considering TRT again although I do not want to... but if it gives me 20% better quality of life right now, I'll take it. I'm 44, 150lbs.

I'm the same age as you, did the drugs drop your testosterone levels?.

I think I had low T before but the drugs tanked it. It rebounded but only to the mid 300s. It’s the next thing I’ll do before considering antidepressants.

visit allthingsmale.com

Good forum  by Dr, John Crisler.

Improving adrenal and thyroid function will help. But if you are truly hypogonadal, then nothing will move it enough.

I would avoid seeing an endocrinologist as paradoxically they are horrendous for thyroid/testosterone management.  would seek an anti aging physician. Dr. Crisler will help via phone if you are open to that, I am a patient of his and it is worth it.

Vitamin D, Zinc, Magnesium.

High fat diet.

Lift weights.

Caloric surplus.

8+ hours sleep.

Those are all the natural ways.

When I was on benzos my test was 250 ng/dl at age 20. Now at age 30 it is 750 ng/dl 6+ years off all pills.

I still don't feel as I have normal test levels but according to lab test I do.

Vitamin D, Zinc, Magnesium.

High fat diet.

Lift weights.

Caloric surplus.

8+ hours sleep.

Those are all the natural ways.

When I was on benzos my test was 250 ng/dl at age 20. Now at age 30 it is 750 ng/dl 6+ years off all pills.

I still don't feel as I have normal test levels but according to lab test I do.

Thank you for all of the input and information - sorry - I haven't been on here for a few days to respond. I just looked up Dr. Crisler's website, and unfortunately, it looks like he unexpectedly passed away last Wednesday (15th).

I don't know if I had low testosterone prior to having anxiety/panic attacks, but sometimes I think that it was the cause to begin with. All I know is what I know now, how I feel, what the tests say regardless of how I feel, and trying to move on without ever knowing what caused this debacle to begin with.

I'm about a year and half out from cessation. Still having lots of issues, like everyone else, but one thing that is consistently troublesome is low testosterone. I've had it tested several times, and is usually around the 220 range. I have all of the symptoms of it (insomnia, very low energy, etc), but I do NOT want to go get shots, supplements, or whatever doctors will give me. Understand that I don't much care about wonky blood markers - I just want to feel better - the low T levels just vindicates how I'm feeling. I think if I can get my levels increased, at least that part of me can feel better and then I can complain about all the other stuff later.  :laugh:  For over a year, I've been doing light exercise to no effect whatsoever. I just can't get into shape - no muscle definition and I end up with a lot of joint pain. I used to do very rugged hikes in remote wilderness areas, mountain biking, all of my vehicle maintenance and repairs, some sports, and now, if I do something simple like change the oil on my car, I feel it for several days after. I read an older article on the Art of Manliness website (don't laugh!) the other day about increasing T levels, and I've been doing all that stuff for a very long time.

On a side note, has anyone read about low T levels causing panic attacks? When I had my first panic attack, yes, I was going through a very stressful time, but it seemingly came out of the blue. And I never defined myself as an anxious person to begin with.

Since I know people ask these things: I'm 44, male, weigh about 140, and eat fairly healthy but no special diet.

Any tips on increasing testosterone levels would be greatly appreciated!

I to tested for very low T levels last year via blood work. I read low T can contribute to a lot of various symptoms unfortunately. Depression, Low libido, ED, no energy and thyroid issues. Per my GP's discussion about, this we agreed to try T injections every 2 weeks to see if my levels rose. They did after 2 shots [treatments] and personally I haven't noticed any major changes, other than increasing my insomnia. I did start getting nightly erections more often but contributed that to drinking gallons of water everyday and needing to urinate more frequently? HIGH STRESS will decrease your T levels which again is my main issue going through Benzo hell. IMO, low T is related to Benzos and the disruption it caused to our CNS and endocrinology  make up internally. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! Keep us posted if you get T shots and if they helped you any? It's  like the dog chasing his tail with benzo SXS...