Should I hold unti sleep stabilizes or continue taper and not worry about sleep?

[mo...]

I had a feeling a few days ago but it looks like it's starting. A month after my last taper, I've been getting less and less sleep. Not sure why I was fine for a month then it started. I went to bed at 11 last night and woke around 2:30. Had small sleeps the rest of the night. I usually sleep like a baby. And anxiety isn't causing this as I am somewhat prepared and accepting whatever happens. My question is, is there any benefit to just holding my dose where I'm at now until I can sleep again and then cutting and so on? Has anyone had success with that? Of course I want this poison out of my system and want this all to be over, whatever that will mean for me. And this route would prolong that, possibly a long time or possibly not. But at the same time I want to have some quality of life too and be able to do my 9-5. Im at a fairly low dose of .125 if a low dose exists for K-pin. Has anyone tried this or what do you think? Thanks

I have heard of people holding to stabilize for symptoms that get out of control, but never really heard of anyone holding to see if sleep improves?  Sleep usually doesn't improve for most until you are completely off of the Benzo and even then it is a slower than we would like process. 

You're sleep switch gets temporarily broken by the Benzo.  Holding really won't fix it, but you could give it a try.  Your sleep switch will repair itself after the Benzos are completely gone.

Unfortunately the only way out of the withdrawal process is to go through it.  But you WILL get past this and heal.  :thumbsup:

Plenty of people slow taper with the aim of maintaining minimal SX... Though I would tend to agree that sleep is often amoung the SX that first appear.. I guess it doesnt mean one has to aim for perfect sleep...

I guess it would depend on how directly ones taper affected sleep too..

Once I slowed right down sleep wasnt an issue in itself, and I still had plenty of symptoms, but they were generally mild..

In reality, slow tapering by SX usually means one can generally maintain functional, but there are still some SX to contend with.. Holds usually come into play with this type of tapering...

There are support groups that cater to this...

Easy taper SG

Long Hold SG

:)

Plenty of people slow taper with the aim of maintaining minimal SX... Though I would tend to agree that sleep is often amoung the SX that first appear.. I guess it doesnt mean one has to aim for perfect sleep...

Once I slowed right down sleep wasnt an issue in itself, and I still had plenty of symptoms, but they were generally mild..

In reality, slow tapering by SX usually means one can generally maintain functional, but there are still some SX to contend with.. Holds usually come into play with this type of tapering...

Easy taper SG

Long Hold SG

Ok thank you cantfly. I have been lucky I suppose and these are the first sleep disturbances I've had so far. I guess it's a personal decision if I want to go this route or not and see what happens. Always such a tightrope to walk: getting poison out of our system vs. the SX.

Easy taper SG

Long Hold SG

Ok thank you cantfly. I have been lucky I suppose and these are the first sleep disturbances I've had so far. I guess it's a personal decision if I want to go this route or not and see what happens. Always such a tightrope to walk: getting poison out of our system vs. the SX.

It sure can be a fine and wonky line we have to navigate..!!

I just replied further on your other thread...

I do hope you find what works best for you soon...  Who knows, It might just be a bump in the road, not the start of a major issue...

Thank you so much. It could be depression causing it too since I've been so frustrated and angry lately about this, why did my doctor do this, why didn't I research this drug etc etc... Trying to think more positive. And appreciate any wins where I can get them.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much. It could be depression causing it too since I've been so frustrated and angry lately about this, why did my doctor do this, why didn't I research this drug etc etc... Trying to think more positive. And appreciate any wins where I can get them.

I know that's partly the case for me, although before my depression usually caused hypersomnia with small bout of insomnia .

I'm waiting to give my AD time and my reinstatment time to take hold before I do anything