3 weeks into a forced cold turkey

[sh...]

I am 3 weeks into my forced cold turkey. And no I cannot reinstate. Its not an option thanks to am idiot Dr at the inpatient hospital. This is my 3rd cold turkey. I don't remember remember the others being this bad. I am terrified. I am having horrible dpdr. Lots of anger. Lots of feeling like I am going to lose my mind. I have so much fear. I can barely see straight. Today has been really hard. Intusive thoughts are so bad. I am terrified. I have no patience at all and every thing is pissing me off. Every thing is getting on my nerves. I am so scared that I will not recover from this. Is there anyone here that has gone they what I am right now? Anyone else have more than 1 cold turkey???

You on any other meds whilst going through CT?

How long was it till these effects started? Have you got some back up meds to give you some reassurance whilst going through this?

Most people scorn CT yet others find it's the only way to quit. It seems to vary from person to person whether CT is a do-able process. You're not going crazy though. You need a lot of strength in body and mind to tell yourself this is a chemical process.

If it gets so bad then you need to start over and taper. This isn't being weak. It's just allowing yourself to be functional whilst at the same time getting these meds out of your brain. You've got to decide is it worth it or is it best to go a bit slower.

Looks like you've made the decision which a major move forwards to a new life without Benzos.

Good luck!

P

A lot of people have done A CT more than once. Specially people who have abused benzos including me. Anger was the worst for me to deal with as well. I still deal with it all the time and I’m a year off. Everything you listed is common in benzo withdrawl I would not reinstate again in the future and let your body heal. Your risk kindling every time you reinstate, and it would be even worse next time. Hang in there 3 weeks off is very early in this process. I remember after my Ct feeling the same way. Your not alone that’s for sure.

I am someone who could only get off benzos by going cold turkey. I was th

at mentally and physically addicted. 30 years of taking benzos did that to me.

Going CT should never be your first choice because it can be life threatening. But if that is your only choice....;so be  it. Some of us do have NO choice but to go CT. That was true of me. And I did survive, but would not suggest CT to most people.

We all make choices and have to live with the results. Bad or good. But with benzos, we have to be super careful. WD can be awful. ONLY you can decide how you want to get off benzos.

east