Ashton Protocol Clonazepam-Valium Crossover and Taper

[Op...]

I am 75 and have been taking clonazepam since 1994.  My current dose is 2 mg, which I take at bedtime.  I originally took it for facial pain (trigeminal neuralgia).  After brain surgery cured me (no more pain) in 1998, I attempted to withdraw twice (too fast).  In 2001 I started sleep apnea treatment, and my sleep doc recommended I continue the clonazepam for "sleep stability".  I successfully tapered off in 2006-2007 using water titration, but due to continuing symptoms resumed taking clonazepam in 2009.  This time I want to follow the Ashton recommendation and use the Valium crossover before beginning the taper.  My sleep doctor supports my decision.  I need help creating two spreadsheets to show doctors I plan to interview for help with the taper.  The first spreadsheet would show the 6-8 month crossover from clonazepam to valium.  The second would show the prolonged valium taper - I'm thinking 2 weeks between cuts.

I am 75 and have been taking clonazepam since 1994.  My current dose is 2 mg, which I take at bedtime.  I originally took it for facial pain (trigeminal neuralgia).  After brain surgery cured me (no more pain) in 1998, I attempted to withdraw twice (too fast).  In 2001 I started sleep apnea treatment, and my sleep doc recommended I continue the clonazepam for "sleep stability".  I successfully tapered off in 2006-2007 using water titration, but due to continuing symptoms resumed taking clonazepam in 2009.  This time I want to follow the Ashton recommendation and use the Valium crossover before beginning the taper. My sleep doctor supports my decision.  I need help creating two spreadsheets to show doctors I plan to interview for help with the taper.  The first spreadsheet would show the 6-8 month crossover from clonazepam to valium.  The second would show the prolonged valium taper - I'm thinking 2 weeks between cuts.

Hello Optimistic-

Here is a crossover schedule:

Click image

0DSPJb1.png

Here is a taper calendar reducing 10% from 2mg every two weeks:

Click image

v2fQWvx.png

ubD9VVi.png

I don't want to be difficult, but how do you do that crossover when you take one bedtime dose of clonazepam and want to switch to a combo of diazepam and clonazepam ? That source assumes you take it several times a day.