Issues walking/feels like I suddenly have arthritis everywhere!

[Gr...]

I'm about six weeks off and starting Friday, I have slowly been getting worse.  Today I have pain in my legs, arms shoulders.  It feels like I have arthritis or as if my muscles are stiff and haven't been used in a long time.  I also have a sore throat, but it's weird, because it is on the back of the roof of my mouth, so I can basically feel it with my tongue.  Then, yesterday, in an effort to keep my mouth clean, I flossed and made my gums bleed and I must have irritated something because now my tooth and gums really hurt today. 

I thought maybe I was getting the flu, but it doesn't seem to be progressing like a normal flu.  There is no stuffy nose or other flu-type symptoms.  Also, noone else in my house is sick.

The walking and standing problems are not completely new, but I never had them this bad.  My legs just feel so weak. 

I have all of that!

All muscles tight, stiff crunchy and very weak. Also atrophied very quickly in first month I was off last year.

Cartilage/collagen seems to have degraded terribly. Today my nose started collapsing when I breathe in.

My gums bleed badly every time I clean my teeth.

Throat gets sore and recently tonsils swelled up - they went back down after about a week or two.

[c7...]

aw man, so sorry. I hear you on feeling like having arthritis, and I bet a lot of BB'ers can attest to that. all my joints freakin cracking and stiff, sore, im like a 90 year old guy. except some 90 year olds are in better shape. leg weakness has been a thing this entire ordeal, from tolerance all the way through to this far out post.

throat stuff is disconcerting too, i have pressure all over the front of throat, and its also constricted feeling. its weird, its like the pressure on my chest crept up to my chin, that uneasy weirdness all over the front of Luke.

oh its reeeallly easy to irritate the gums as it is, ive had a few instances in my life where ive "over" cleaned in there and caused a lot of pain, there was the great dumbass brushing my gums incident of 05' or so...yes, songs have been written of my stupidity, whose echoes still linger in the air over that bathroom....

so sorry for the discomfort, you have a whole board here behind ya.

hang in there

I have had this too.

My legs felt like they weighed a thousand pounds each. Very difficult to walk. I had to use crutches.

Muscle rigidity and pain. Swollen joints that will not bend. Weak jelly legs.

It will go away. Just be patient.

Take care.

Me too most of you I know you already :)))! We are here couple guys with exactly the same issues (muscle issues)! For me this is the most brutal symphtom especially when hit me in my head! I am 12.5m off and whole these months so many issues and symphtoms are gone but the muscles are not!

One question to all of you here! Sometimes I am feeling that my muscles and nerve will tear apart I am feeling like 80years old guy yes I have all this shits too and in one moment is vanished just like that...like nothing is happened and after 30 minutes start again then vanish again! This is continuing whole day and funally at 5p.m. leaves me totally to next morning! Is it the same with you guys? I cant find even one success story from someone healed exactly from this!

Lex, I think it good that yours comes and goes. I think that shows it can and will go away.

I dont think so Ajusta, they working like program! Everyday from my waking up comes and goes maybe 20-30 times a day then in 5p.m. leaves me! This is a whoooole year without missing one single day! I dont believe at all anymore to this will leaves me tottaly or leaves me soon...Just praying to be not no so hard because sometimes going to nuts...I am sick off it

Thanks for all the replies.  I truly feel like I have the flu yet I guess it's just the benzo flu.  I also feel very exhausted today.  I'm just trying to get passed dinner right now. 

I literally started crying making dinner tonight and just sat down to find this post... THANK GOD! I have this muscle fatigue and ache just as described and mine comes and goes as well.  I had like three whole days without it and then I also felt almost healed at 3 1/2 months to now being so achy and feeling old that I am second guessing the healing process AGAIN.  I know we are healing.. but WHY does it take so damn long and then gives us hope only to be plunged back into Benzo Hell. I am sorry - not very positive today.  I should be grateful that I got to bring my dog to the beach but I had to drive down and only walk a bit... didn't dare push myself and now this?! I did nothing streneous at all. Even the shoulder blades are hurting and have a deep ache.  Just bullshit.  BUt like Lex, I am so grateful for others posting to know that I am not alone in this and to hear from someone who understands.  I swear I was on the mend and now just total pain at like a 7. 

Oh LeslieJ,  I totally understand.  I thought I was doing so much better.  I was even thinking I was going to be one of the fast healers, and the poster child for slow tapers.  LOL.  Well life had a different plan in mind.  I don't understand why the sore throat.  I guess I don't need to understand, but I find myself trying to bargain, and think things like, "Well if the sore throat wasn't here, then maybe I could deal with the muscle pain."  UGH.  I'm not even praying or bargaining with anyone specific. 

I think mine is like others and then they mention being able to walk and stuff and I get frightened. I struggle to sit for long enough to eat supper. I am in agony lying down from tightness and pulling. I try to lie on exercise mat and do gentle stretches and strengthening but it is too painful. Loss of tissue means pressure on sacrum, upper back or pelvic bone is too much. I stood to cook today and could hardly hold head on neck because too heavy and tight neck pulls it back and down.

Leslie really I dont know what exactly benzo hits GABA or something else but I am tottaly angry about whole this process. Damn it I was never ever ever think that have something like this. Everyday suffering for years! And yes this ups and downs can make everyone to going nuts! I cant believe that doctors prescribed this and this is medicine! I've read so many people whos are short term users and they suffering like me /long term user/. People who were taking it 10 to 30 days and they suffering badly! Or people who are tapering corectlly and they suffer badly like C/T when they jump! This f***ing pills are not predictible for no one how they act, what they do etc. е.t.c! I've changed a bilion symphtoms and I know yeaaah today dizziness is gone what is next maybe fatigue or maybe both or mixed! And yeah also this not linear healing we cant understand where are we!? Window ohh I am gonna be heal then bam wave ohh nothing is changed! I dont really know also whyyyy is so God damn long what so so so special is broken and cant fixed for a whole year! Just I dont get it and I will never do!

Ajusta you are like us we are like you! Yeah I can walk even I can run but this is in the moments when my muscle/nerve issues vanish maybe for hour or half-hour. When they hits me I have to lay down in my bed and try to find good position for a bit relief even cant sitting on chair! And after half hour or hour I can run but to the next hour when I am again in my bed with brutal pains! Its just make me nuts! I have almost all of your symphtoms. We are in the same boat mayyybe someones is better others not but finally we are not normal!

So now i have a fever too.  And I'm pretty sure i have burning mouth syndrome.  I can't tell what is flu and what is withdrawal but I've barely been out of bed today.  Everything is in so much pain.

Oh Greencup... the fever means you are sick and your body is FIGHTING it. So sorry. Stay hydrated and add any carrier fluid to you water so it absorbs more readily.  Like a splash of cranberry juice or some squeezed lemon .. or both. But 90 percent water.  REST!

Thanks Leslie. Last night was the second night with a fever of 101.  I took some advil for some relief.  I think I have blisters inside my mouth.  I don't know why my mouth is in such pain.  I have been doing a saltwater rinse on it.  It seems to help but wears off so quickly. 

Fever blisters? I had those as a kid but I guess it is possible with our suppressed immune systems. I hope your husband can help take care of you this weekend by providing good food! Sad you are sick but I know you will feel better soon.

I've had all of this. If I would sit in the same position for too long, or draw or anything for an extended amount of time I would get stiff like I had arthritis. And when it got cold, I would get stiff. It got better with time.

And I have had the benzo flu symptoms too. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for responding.  I am just so unwell.  Had my son look at my tongue and he says it looks like canker sores.  I can just barely get in and out of bed.  Is this acute?  Is this my actual withdrawal?  What the hell did I do such a long taper for. 

Muddle- did you have a fever? 

Yes, this happened to me for a while too when I was tapering--aching joints (to the point where it was difficult to walk). It went away, though, but very scary.

Thanks for responding.  I am just so unwell.  Had my son look at my tongue and he says it looks like canker sores.  I can just barely get in and out of bed.  Is this acute?  Is this my actual withdrawal?  What the hell did I do such a long taper for. 

Muddle- did you have a fever?

Yep. I ran a low grade fever off and on. That's actually happening again. Causing me to freak out, but the infection I had is supposedly gone so.... ugh.

Okay, just wanted to update.  I went to the hospital this morning convinced that I had a mouth infection, possibly strep, and the doctor told me I have Herpes!  He said it might not be exactly herpes, maybe a cousin to, but for treatment purposes it is the same.  It is a virus.  It completely explains my muscle aches, fever, and blisters in my mouth.  He prescribed me orajel and lyrica.  I've seen many people on bb take lyrica.  I am definitely considering it, just due to how much pain I am currently in.  I also think cannabis might help with this too. 

I gotta say I was kinda blindsided by this.  I did not expect to have Herpes.  I have never had it before. 

Okay, just wanted to update.  I went to the hospital this morning convinced that I had a mouth infection, possibly strep, and the doctor told me I have Herpes!  He said it might not be exactly herpes, maybe a cousin to, but for treatment purposes it is the same.  It is a virus.  It completely explains my muscle aches, fever, and blisters in my mouth.  He prescribed me orajel and lyrica.  I've seen many people on bb take lyrica.  I am definitely considering it, just due to how much pain I am currently in.  I also think cannabis might help with this too. 

I gotta say I was kinda blindsided by this.  I did not expect to have Herpes.  I have never had it before.

I had somehow missed your posts before I responded about your mouth and fever and stuff. My fever was low grade and eventually reaolved. I'm glad you went to the doctor! That is crazy!

It’s good you got it checked.

I hope the treatment will ease the symptoms quickly.

I’m seeing GP on 18th - earliest appointment I could get.

This is just my opinion but please do not taking Lyrica. It has its own withdrawal and some awful side effects.

IMO, we benzo people have to STOP thinking that " a pill will make us feel better." Most only mask symptoms and affect your brain. Of course, if you have heart disease, or hypertension, or kidney disease, you DO need to take the proper drugs. But beyond that - get out of the habit of thinking that yet another darn pill will help you.

east