I really need advice on my Klonopin taper!

[up...]

Hi. I’m new here and only posted my introduction so far. I really really need some advice on my Klonopin taper since I am in the middle of some pretty bad withdrawal sxs right now. I used a lot of positive self talk to get to 0.25 mg about a month ago, but it’s been downhill since. In that time, my extreme muscle tension and related neurologic symptoms led to a painful back strain on 11/23 when I lifted something the wrong way. So now I have added this lovely side effect to my list of afflictions! 

During my taper, I have experienced all the common physical WD symptoms plus some others such as massive hair loss, crazy hormone fluctuations, skin issues (mild eczema and rashes), and even phantom smells. I’m trying to use positive thinking but it’s getting difficult. At the beginning of my taper, I managed to walk/exercise every to every other day but now I have to take it easy. I also don’t leave the house much due to my WD; But now that I look a mess on top of feeling a mess, I don’t even want to be seen.

So here’s the big question...if you were in my position, would you cross over to 10mg of V and do the Ashton taper.  Or would you jump down to 0.125 and then 0? I’ve been searching the forum and I really think I hit tolerance withdrawal at 0.125 mg and I’m not doing myself any favors staying there. My psychiatrist thinks I should just stop and hang on because it will eventually get better but she is willing to do the crossover Ashton. She thinks I’m prolonging my agony and people who obsess over tapering usually can’t stop (not true right?).

All opinions welcome and I need as much support as I can get. My husband is tiring of my WD and doesn’t even want to hear about it anymore. I’m obviously confused.

Thanks  for listening. Sincerely!

I am ready to get nailed to the wall (not cross) here but... my advice is to jump at 0.125 and get Acute over with! I agree, from what I have read, the tapering V can be as tough and much longer against. Be prepared for 4 weeks of hell though. This is just not fair.. to anyone. The options we are left with are truly despicable. So sorry.

I am ready to get nailed to the wall (not cross) here but... my advice is to jump at 0.125 and get Acute over with! I agree, from what I have read, the tapering V can be as tough and much longer against. Be prepared for 4 weeks of hell though. This is just not fair.. to anyone. The options we are left with are truly despicable. So sorry.

Thank you for the answer. That’s why I asked. I keep going back and forth between the two. You’re right...the options aren’t great. I’m so exhausted at this point. Thanks for being here.

I don't feel qualified to give you advice because we are in the same boat, but I can at least empathize. I, too, just cannot wait for this to be over. I hate the fact that it is going to take three times as long to get off the drug as the length of time I was taking it and benefitting from its effects. And I cannot know in how many ways it is affecting my life, only that my life has changed drastically since starting it. I feel for you with the injuries. I have had major muscle and nerve pain for months and am in physical therapy twice a week for it now. It affects everything I do. I still force myself to get exercise but it is a lot more difficult and less rewarding than it was. It's frustrating when you feel limited in being able to do the few things you know would make you feel better. For the moment, I am continuing my slow taper, and trying to learn and grow from the experience. I may get impatient and speed it up, we'll see. Don't think I would jump from 0.125. That seems unnecessarily harsh. But we each must make these difficult decisions for ourselves. Either way, you are at least not alone. We care. We understand. We are sorry you are going through this. But it will end. In time, whatever time it may be, you will pass through and out the other side, and you will be okay again.