Blood Pressure became Unstable.

[Ho...]

Have to hold another month at 10mg because my bp became unstable.  Three solid weeks with BP in the 170s to over 200 and over 100 Diastolic.  It was all night and all day.  Doc tried me on three meds and the last one I'm on is finally beginning to work a little after a full week.  I've never suffered so much stress in my life worrying about stroke, seizure or organ damage.  Doc wants to check my heart for any damage that may have occurred during this time.  I'm not cutting even a little till I know this is not going to happen again. 

Ya know, I could deal with most of the sxs but THIS BP thing is a danger to my life.  Hard to bear.  BTW, I had a Heart Cath and all arteries were all clear.  The tape from Valium must have damaged my CNS.

That's scary.  I'm sorry to hear.  Makes complete sense to make sure it's normal and stable before you try to change anything again.  High BP is no joke.  Glad you're starting to get it under control and the cath results were all clear.

Thank you seltzerer. You know, I'm not getting my messages.  I have to go to my posts to see if someone answered me. 

As far as sxs is concerned, I was willing to deal with anything but the BP put my very life in jeopardy which give me no other alternative but to HOLD till I Stabilize.  I thank God for people like you who reach out to comfort.  Bless you.

Thank you seltzerer. You know, I'm not getting my messages.  I have to go to my posts to see if someone answered me. 

As far as sxs is concerned, I was willing to deal with anything but the BP put my very life in jeopardy which give me no other alternative but to HOLD till I Stabilize.  I thank God for people like you who reach out to comfort.  Bless you.

I'm happy I could help.  It's a dangerous situation and glad you're getting to the bottom of it.  That's what I'm here for - support - and glad I can do it for others when others have helped me!    :smitten:

I'm here for you if you need something, Hope!! I'm going through the same thing because of Bactrim. But I've been having bp woes for years, and I'm still here. I wish I could say don't worry, but I know that's impossible because I worry very much also.

Hoping and praying for you!!

Yes, it's very good to hold. Don't do anything until the bp stabilizes. I learned that the hard way.

Hugs!!  :hug: :hug:

Hope, I had awfully high BP on my taper also. Like you, over 200 for a while.

When I slowed my taper rate down, my BP stabilized.

Just a thought -- do you think your reduction rate is too high? Personally, I could not have tolerated 1 mg a week. That seems awfully fast, and hard on the body. What about slowing things down when you are finished holding?

Hope you get to feeling better. High BP is scary, I know.

Best wishes,

Katz

To all who encouraged me, the LORD BLESS you greatly and give you the desires of your heart and answer your pleas for healing.  I pray with with a contrite heart.

OregonKatz, thank you for the encouragement.  Yes, I was on Ashton Diet, went off 2 mgs a week for months then 1 mg till I got to 10 mgs then I hit the wall and it's been a month and still not stabilized.  YES, I do think I tapered too fast and now I'm stuck.  I pray this gets better soon.  On BP meds and still it continues to SPIKE.  We're praying and I'm keeping a positive attitude, but ...well, you know yourself what I'm going through.  Bless you Oregon and all of your ANGELS for reaching out while you yourselves suffer.  God will give you great rewards for your longsuffering and outreach.  Love you all. :smitten:

Hope,

About 6 months after my haphazard taper I had very high blood pressures at night for many months.  The blood pressure drugs did help somewhat.  I still have an issue with the systolic jumping up when I feel muscle tension/anxiety. 

Stay positive, don't dwell on it all the time, I make that mistake frequently.  Currently trying some breathing exercises.

Sweet pea

• Like 1

Yes, Sweet pea, the muscle tension and anxiety can really cause the bp to spike. This all seems like a very bad dream, but I've discovered that the body is quite resilient and will take a lot of pounding if treated right in other areas: good food, no caffeine (me especially), trying to stay calm in any way possible, watching that we're not exercising too much, getting out, distractions.

People make such a huge thing of ONE high bp, and I realize it is a warning sign, but just seeing the faces of those who are concerned brings my bp up even more and doesn't help. I keep those faces in my mind, and it just brings more anxiety.

Anyway, for what it's worth...