Horrible headaches, nausea and facial muscle tension, PLEASE HELP

[mr...]

Hello,

I'm down to .25mg of Klonopin, from 1mg. I'm having Horrible headaches, nausea and facial muscle tension. Can anyone recommend anything natural for the headaches? I've been taking Advil several times a day, not sure how good that is for my body. Also having bad facial muscle tension, has anyone experienced this? It's really rough, would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

I use ice gel packs for my headaches.  Ginger helps Nausea if it doesn't affect you.  It makes my BP go high and it's already high every day for three weeks.  I have to get this fixed before I can move on.  Ice chips can also help nausea and you can ask your doctor for nausea meds, they numb the stomach.  I'm on 10 mgs and can't move forward bcuz my BP is skyrocketing.

Yes I had this - just awful. Combining Tylenol with Advil helped. Muscles would be so tight in my face ... visibly now that I look at videos of myself then. Hang on! It will get better.

I make ginger tea for nausea. Get some ginger root and shave some into some hot water.

I dont use ice packs for headaches but i have been using warm packs for my headaches. Heating them up and putting them on my neck.

Although it really doesnt work for me, mixing a few drops of essentials oils like lavender with other oils like jojoba oil is supposed to help with headaches. Rubbing it on your neck below the base of your head. Maybe you could read up on how its best used.

You might benefit some, if only briefly, by trying chin-ups - to stretch out the muscles at the base of the neck and which surround the occipital nerve. Sorry you are having this problem.

I read Ginger helps nausea too but I took it in warm glass with lemon and it SPIKED MY BP.  So I do not touch it.  I suck on ice chips to numb the stomach for nausea.  Headaches, I use Ice Packs which help.  When my muscles get cramped, I use a hot pack.

Leslie

I'm glad you said that bcuz my jaw was broken in both joints, cartilage all gone, it's bone on bone.  It usually hurts me but I've been able to tolerate it until now.  It's like they've become stiff and locked up.  I thought it was just getting worse since the accident.  But now I know it's part of the taper.  So glad you mentioned it.  Thank you.

It appears that ANY and ALL injuries we have had before or during Benzos get worse in terms of symptoms in withdrawals.  My herniated discs have and continue to be my biggest source of pain... but it IS getting better as a baseline. Glad I could help!

Leslie....

I also had a herniated disc from a car accident but I was fortunate that in 4 weeks it went back in.  I had calcification around that area that looked like a sliding board.  So it slid out on that calcification then slid back in after 4 weeks of severe pain.  Doc said I'd have to be careful in that area for the rest of my life.  It's been good so far.  I didn't want to live anymore, that kind of pain was the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.  Prayers for you.  Love you guys, Bless you all.

Ajusta,

I've been taking Hyluronic Acid capsules.  They do help, but take in a.m. cuz it makes you a little nervous. It's not a cure all, but it takes the edge off.  You still feel stiffness, but not the severe pain as much.

Thank you for your response HopeforRecovery! I just saw this now. It is nice to hear from someone who understands the pain. I am sorry for your pain too. Before Acute, I was managing the pain by keeping my hamstrings loose ( stretches), making my core strong and of course not lifting much weight.  I need to get back to doing the first two as my weight has crept up and the radiating pain sometimes takes my breath away.  I will heal! Just like you.  :thumbsup: