Has anyone gone to a detox center?

[Ho...]

Hope, several threads have been written about this.

Flumazenil doesn't have a long enough track record to know if it is truly safe. In MY opinion, trying this would be a big mistake. If a person is accidentally addicted to benzos, the worst thing you could do is add yet another possibly unsafe drug into it all.

One of the hardest things we all have to learn, finally, once and for all, is that yet another drug will not FIX us! Taking yet another brain affecting drug will not FIX you. You would just be replacing one drug with another.

Took me 30 years to finally get this. Please do NOT follow in my footsteps. My story is not a pretty, safe one. Benzos truly almost killed me.

east

I guess a lot of people hope that a detox place will make WD easier. And they just don't. Because I had worked in one, I knew it would not help. But I was forced to enter one anyway and NO it did not help a bit.

Live and learn. Getting through BWD is sort of like a maze. You do not know which way to go or where to turn. You become frightened, thinking you wont find the way out. You begin to panic. But your inner mind tells you that you just have to persevere. You have heard here on BB that healing takes time. You slowly decide to trust this, and you slowly keep moving forward, through the dark maze. You feel very scared, anxious and panicky. But you keep taking one step forward, day after day, trying to find your way out of this  maze.Time goes by, and you still have not reached the end opf the maze. Your fear may mount: "What is I am trapped ion this maze?" you think. This terrifies you. So you read more posts and articles here or elsewhere, and one things seems to stand out to you. TIME is your best friend in this mess. ONLY time will heal you. So, you decided to keep going.....putting one foot in front of the other, ever so carefully, trying to find your way OUT of the maze.

Day after day you keep going. Some days are better than others. You wonder if you have permanent brain damage. So you read MORE articles. They seem to say that  permanent brain damage is vcery unlikely. So...you decide to just keep going, finding your way through this awful, scary maze.

And one day - you start to notice it seems lighter, brighter, again. Maybe the world around you makes more sense again, or you just feel safer, somehow. So - you keep on going, putting one foot ahead of the other, and FINALLY - you see you have founbd the end of the maze. You step out into the bright sunlight and everything around you looks fresh and new...like it used to.

Congratulations...you got through the mnaze of benzo withdrawal and have started to truly heal.

Do not give up. Your day is coming.

east

I did 6 weeks ago due to doctor insisting. Biggest mistake ever.

It apparently works for some ppl, I think probably those that don’t have big issues with them.

the process wasn’t too bad but a week after coming home the shit hit the fan and I’ve gotten worse since. I think if your sensitive or having issues the only way to go is super slow.

Which is what everyone told me on here but sadly got forced otherwise. 👎🏼

I did Dr. Coleman's Flumazenil treatment after I was already off for 6 weeks.  Not sure if it helped or not?  If it did work, it took some time for it to kick in.  But 6 months later I started doing a lot better and my symptoms rapidly faded and my sleep returned to livable amounts.  Not sure if that was coincidence?

It was very expensive and I don't live in Virginia.

Hi the away - how did it feel when you had it after withdrawing?

Did you get any reprieve whilst on the infusion?

Just intrigued after what I’ve been thru! The treatment itself wasn’t too bad, the aftermath is another thing... should never have let them do it

I guess a lot of people hope that a detox place will make WD easier. And they just don't. Because I had worked in one, I knew it would not help. But I was forced to enter one anyway and NO it did not help a bit.

Live and learn. Getting through BWD is sort of like a maze. You do not know which way to go or where to turn. You become frightened, thinking you wont find the way out. You begin to panic. But your inner mind tells you that you just have to persevere. You have heard here on BB that healing takes time. You slowly decide to trust this, and you slowly keep moving forward, through the dark maze. You feel very scared, anxious and panicky. But you keep taking one step forward, day after day, trying to find your way out of this  maze.Time goes by, and you still have not reached the end opf the maze. Your fear may mount: "What is I am trapped ion this maze?" you think. This terrifies you. So you read more posts and articles here or elsewhere, and one things seems to stand out to you. TIME is your best friend in this mess. ONLY time will heal you. So, you decided to keep going.....putting one foot in front of the other, ever so carefully, trying to find your way OUT of the maze.

Day after day you keep going. Some days are better than others. You wonder if you have permanent brain damage. So you read MORE articles. They seem to say that  permanent brain damage is vcery unlikely. So...you decide to just keep going, finding your way through this awful, scary maze.

And one day - you start to notice it seems lighter, brighter, again. Maybe the world around you makes more sense again, or you just feel safer, somehow. So - you keep on going, putting one foot ahead of the other, and FINALLY - you see you have founbd the end of the maze. You step out into the bright sunlight and everything around you looks fresh and new...like it used to.

Congratulations...you got through the mnaze of benzo withdrawal and have started to truly heal.

east

:thumbsup:

Hi the away - how did it feel when you had it after withdrawing?

Did you get any reprieve whilst on the infusion?

Just intrigued after what I’ve been thru! The treatment itself wasn’t too bad, the aftermath is another thing... should never have let them do it

They had me on enough other drugs so it wasn't bad.  I actually slept well and didn't have many symptoms until a few days after I was finished...then things kicked in for about 6 months.  Lots of symptoms and very little sleep.

east

This is such a great post east. Brought tears to my eyes. It’s so hard and exactly like you described here. I pray for that world that makes sense again.

Sometimes, "computerland" makes me crazy. I wrote you a thoughtful reply and POOF it disappeared., PHOOEY!

Writing that post was painful for me because It made me recall intensely what I went through back in 2012. No one likes to remember awful things.....we tend to shove them out of our minds.

Writing heartfelt posts helps me, as well as you. I have walked in your shoes, having gone through a simply terrible WD. Giving back - to BB - is the only way I can re-pay BB - for saving my life. I know this for utter truth: If NOT for BB - the support and knowledge, I would NOT be alive today. THIRTY years of taking benzos almost killed me. My doctors had written me off as...well, near death, or heading that way fast. Benzos are awful drugs. They seem so innocent, until you take them longer than suggested. And I did just that, knowingly. Over time, benzos will affect you in ways you just cannot imagine, until its almost too late . Please, do not let this happen to any of you! Here on BB you might begin top think that everyone heals and gets better. But you are getting a very skewed picture. MILLIONS of people take benzos, world wide. Some of them do nopt have access to medical care. Many of them take benzos for far too long and in doses WAY above what you and I took. Their health plummets, they slowly be come weaker and weaker and....eventually they just die. Without access to decent hea;th care, they just give up and die.

That is a sobering thought, isn't it?

Bless your hearts, all you suffering benzo buddies...

east