Recovery after Antibiotic Setback?

[Mu...]

How long have you been off Macrobid?

I'm going through another tough day. It seems like some days are okay and some are really bad. Do you ever have a pounding heart beat that you can hear? That's how I know the Bactrim is still in there. I used to hear it very loudly, and now it's there in the morning and at night, but softened somewhat. Today I was sobbing and then broke into a rage and anger, very different from how I usually respond. Am wondering if the AB is to blame. I've been off 11 days today.

I'm still feeling dizzy and not myself.

I know you meant for people who are recovered. I hope people respond!

[ae...]
I was about a month in acute and then it slowly started to ease up, last week I started to feel I was more or less almost back on track so all up it lasted about 8 weeks.

Thank you guys!! I am having another rough day but I did test my urine and the infection is gone. So now I just have to concentrate on healing from this rather than also worrying about potentially having to take something else that could make it worse.

And I have to keep myself from conjuring up other mysterious things I could be dying from. Ugh. Hope everyone else is hanging in there.

Bump.

I am 13 days out from my run in with macrobid and still struggling. I have moments where I feel ok, but symptoms I haven't seen in ages are very much still around. Anyone else dealing with this, or can anyone share some hope.

I hate this so much.

Bump in hopes that someone might chime in. I know there are a few of us struggling right now with an antibiotic setback that could really use some hope.

Muddlefoot, I'm sorry that you're struggling, but after such setback, no one can tell you how long it will last. When I screwed myself with 1 pill of paracetamol I was screwed completely and after 1 year I still can't heal. I also had magnesium setback 6 months ago. I also have setbacks because of stress etc. You must wait and endure the torture. To expect that you will recover fast as someone else here can only make you more scared and frustrated after you realize that you're suffering 6 months longer than someone else who suffered for only 2 months. I'm sorry I can't be more positive for you, but I realized so far that brain doesn't forgive any mistake that we made.

Even the fact that protracted board is hidden makes all this way more scary than it already is. I'm suffering tremendously 12 months after I screwed myself with that 1 paracetamol pill. I was only 3 months on the smallest doses of diazepam and I don't have life anymore. I'm suicidal almost every day. Even with obvious improvements, waves are more and more scary and brutal.

I'm shaking on bed and floor like I have seizures and electricity is going through my body along with psychedelic impulses in brain. It's hell beyond comprehension.

If you want hope, stop looking for it here. Time is the only hope. Nothing else. No one here can tell you when your symptoms will return to where you were before taking antibiotic. It could happen tomorrow. It could happen after 6 months. The fact is - we are the victims of corrupted and criminal system that uses us as cattle for their only purpose - money! And we can't do anythng about it. Even on this board they don't let people to say what they want about doctors. They are preventing freedom of speech for all the wrong reasons.

All I can say to you is - DON'T LOSE HOPE EVER.

Muddlefoot, I'm sorry that you're struggling, but after such setback, no one can tell you how long it will last. When I screwed myself with 1 pill of paracetamol I was screwed completely and after 1 year I still can't heal. I also had magnesium setback 6 months ago. I also have setbacks because of stress etc. You must wait and endure the torture. To expect that you will recover fast as someone else here can only make you more scared and frustrated after you realize that you're suffering 6 months longer than someone else who suffered for only 2 months. I'm sorry I can't be more positive for you, but I realized so far that brain doesn't forgive any mistake that we made.

Even the fact that protracted board is hidden makes all this way more scary than it already is. I'm suffering tremendously 12 months after I screwed myself with that 1 paracetamol pill. I was only 3 months on the smallest doses of diazepam and I don't have life anymore. I'm suicidal almost every day. Even with obvious improvements, waves are more and more scary and brutal.

I'm shaking on bed and floor like I have seizures and electricity is going through my body along with psychedelic impulses in brain. It's hell beyond comprehension.

If you want hope, stop looking for it here. Time is the only hope. Nothing else. No one here can tell you when your symptoms will return to where you were before taking antibiotic. It could happen tomorrow. It could happen after 6 months. The fact is - we are the victims of corrupted and criminal system that uses us as cattle for their only purpose - money! And we can't do anythng about it. Even on this board they don't let people to say what they want about doctors. They are preventing freedom of speech for all the wrong reasons.

All I can say to you is - DON'T LOSE HOPE EVER.

I am so sorry for your struggle, alokin. I know it is terrible.

I guess I am just looking more for others who have been or are in the same boat as me. People who can relate, and of course I wouldn't mind a success story or glimmer of hope in the matter. I know we all heal in our own time, and the only way out of it is through it. It is just such an isolating event. If I had something like cancer, resources would be available everywhere. Tons of people who could relate, etc. I am holding on to the people here because they are the closest thing I have to anyone who could possibly understand this. I don't want feel alone.

I think mine ran a similar course as Southern Star.  About two- four weeks were bad, and then it let up and pretty much gone by 6-8 weeks.

Thank you for responding. Did you have moments where you felt a little better here and there through the worst of it? Or was it constant suffering?

My symptoms seem to cycle quickly. And I get moments of clarity here and there.