5 days out...low mood. Dont reinstate right ?

[mi...]

Hi I stopped on 28th of Nov.  Today had a noticeable low mood (struggled with depp before but mood relatively stable during most of taper(.

I suppose .25 mg of V is enough to do something.

You can see from my sig my taper was quite conservative and gradual.

I suppose it wouldnt be wide to reinstate just to take another month to taper from .25 to 0 ,  correct ?  After all,  you cant truly heal till you stop,  right?

Headaches (existing issue)  is worse also.

Your reply is much appreciated! 

Hi I stopped on 28th of Nov.  Today had a noticeable low mood (struggled with depp before but mood relatively stable during most of taper(.

I suppose it wouldnt be wide to reinstate just to take another month to taper from .25 to 0 ,  correct ?  After all,  you cant truly heal till you stop,  right?

5227966.png

This is correct. Let the healing be done now. You are all finished...no more benzo :thumbsup:  :smitten:

I took 40 days to go from .040mg of klonopin to zero.  I don't regret it.  .040mg of klonopin is equivalent to .8mg of valium.

Thank you very much.  I probably took more than 40 days to go from .8 V to 0, so that is good to hear.

5227966.png

This is correct. Let the healing be done now. You are all finished...no more benzo :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Thanks for the reassurance! 

I forgot to ask...

I have heard some nention low dose gabapentin to help withdrawal in some cases.  Would that be worth asking the dr at all?

I have taken that before for a very short period,  (for pain but it didnt work so stopped)  and had no bad reactions.

Doing Well Mikezz..!!

Yes, let the healing continue..  There may be some ups n downs, -I had a few rougher days about day 5-7ish...  But I also felt better, "fresher" too..

Try to relax and you will be fine I reckon... -"Quiet time.."

:)

Im not a fan of gabapentin (or lyrica), -So my thoughts would not be in favour of adding these meds to a healing CNS...

Well done, and keep up the good work..!!

Your withdrawal symptoms are not so bad, really, as these things go.  And some symptoms are normal at this point.  It's a good idea to learn the art of self distraction, using anything that takes your mind off symptoms.

Once you get past the first few months off, youll lose the urge to depend on benzos.  At least that is how it was for me.  One day at a time.

:thumbsup:

Day 9 now!

Mood not as low..appetite very low, but was quite low before also.

Has anyone wondered if you could just stay on  a very low dose forever and prevent a possibility of active withdrawal...

Day 9 now!

Has anyone wondered if you could just stay on  a very low dose forever and prevent a possibility of active withdrawal...

Define Forever..??

No, The body will adjust to the dose, First any theraputic effect will fade away, Then tolerance and WD type SX will usually start to appear...

BUT... Perhaps there is value in doing a slower than the slowest of slow low dose taper instead... -If med free is the desire...

To treat Original or pre-existing symptoms, -Either eventual dose esculation, or an alternative treatment plan would be "normal"...

Imo...

Well done on day 9... -One day at a time, and you will get there...!!

Try not to worry about what MAY happen... It MAY Not...

Day 9 now!

Define Forever..??

No, The body will adjust to the dose, First any theraputic effect will fade away, Then tolerance and WD type SX will usually start to appear...

BUT... Perhaps there is value in doing a slower than the slowest of slow low dose taper instead... -If med free is the desire...

To treat Original or pre-existing symptoms, -Either eventual dose esculation, or an alternative treatment plan would be "normal"...

Imo...

Well done on day 9... -One day at a time, and you will get there...!!

Try not to worry about what MAY happen... It MAY Not...

Thank you !!!