Help with getting off Clonazepam

[De...]

Hi all. I’m currently at .125 since last Friday on the orally disintegrating tablet. I’ve only been on it going down from .5 since Oct 15, and was on and off taking Xanax since end of sept for insomnia and anxiety. My doctor wanted me to jump at .125, but I feel like I should go down again to .0625, but I also don’t want to stay on much longer. I do need to be able to function though since I’m helping take care of my dad who has cancer and also need to work. I’ve been having some withdrawal when I drop down, with muscle spasms and the burning/dizziness, but I stabilize pretty quickly. I also do feel like I’m very sensitive though to this drug. Thank you for any input.

Thank you. I’m realizing though that’s another 50% cut.....I’m just not sure how to minimize withdrawal while also effectively cutting the orally disintegrating tablet. Did you jump at .0625?

The odt tablets are soft enough that you can shave powder off with a razor. I use a craft knife and gem20 scale. You can go as slow as you like.

Thanks. Are you able to salvage what’s left of the disintegrating tablet somehow so it doesn’t go to waste? I know it’s not supposed to be out in the open for 24 hours or more.

I make my doses ahead and seal them back into the blister packs with scotch tape. The powder I put in a screw-closure pill box which I keep put away. If I am ever in dire need and need to supplement a dose, I know I have the powder. Don't really expect to need it, though. When I get to the point that I am removing a chunk instead of powder, I will probably be able to use that toward another dose so as not to waste as much.

My issue with jumping now is that I need to function for my dad and working, and am concerned the jump will bring on a lot of bad feelings right now.

Hi all. I’m currently at .125 since last Friday on the orally disintegrating tablet. I’ve only been on it going down from .5 since Oct 15, and was on and off taking Xanax since end of sept for insomnia and anxiety. My doctor wanted me to jump at .125, but I feel like I should go down again to .0625, but I also don’t want to stay on much longer. I do need to be able to function though since I’m helping take care of my dad who has cancer and also need to work. I’ve been having some withdrawal when I drop down, with muscle spasms and the burning/dizziness, but I stabilize pretty quickly. I also do feel like I’m very sensitive though to this drug. Thank you for any input.

My taper plan for Klonopin has me jumping at .0625 , but I may actually jump at .03 or around there using shavings of my .5 mg pills.  I figure the less stress I can put on my body the better.  Like you, I have some symptoms when I make cut (for example, I am going to cut from 0.375 to 0.31 by next tuesday but I will use shavings to taper down a bit each day.  I then will hold at .31 until my sleep bounces back (during cuts I tend to get an hour less of sleep, still 6 hours though).  Rinse and repeat.

Same here, and looks like you’re also pretty short term like I was but a higher dose. It can be a bit easier to cut then with the .125 disintegrating tablets. That way you can cut it in half for .0625 and then half of that for .03. When are you hoping to end your taper? I wanted to be off this week, but also want to listen to my body and not jump at too high a level.

I'm on day 15 after jumping off at 0.25mg and I'm having some discomforting W/D symptoms but I'm still alive. My doctor tells me the worst is over.

What kind of symptoms were you getting?

I know the longer you stay on, eventually you're going to have to start somewhere and that's why I keep putting it off.

The crazy thing is, I'm getting inter dose side effects anyway which can get tough........... A lot of gastro stuff, irritability etc, so I guess what I'm getting at is you have to start somewhere and ride through the rough spots.

Almost 4 years on Xanax 1.5 mg at bedtime and still have a few beers on the weekend. :idiot:

416- please be aware that you may have 2-3 weeks left with Acute but you are doing great!!! Day 15 I made a video saying that I was through the worst -  I was wrong.  I hope you get better quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
I’m down now to .046 and want to try and jump off next week while at least I’m on vacation.....not sure if I should keep doing down to be safe or just get this over with.

If you haven't been on long and at the rate you've successfully tapered I might try jumping if you're stable now. Don't let this stuff get its hooks in you. You can always updose if things don't go well. Make sure you're exercising and eating healthy first before you jump at any dose. Best of luck.

Do you think if the rate of the taper goes well that the withdrawal will do similarly? I find that I usually have 2-3 days where I feel eh but am ok then balance out, but I know you can never be sure what to expect.

Of course I can't be sure but I would think that's a good sign. Although, some find they do well like that until getting to smaller doses. I of course can't advise but if it were me and not long on the drug I would jump at that does or maybe one more cut then jump. But listen to your body. It's now been 4 years for me so I'm taking the slow route I wish I could jump today I sure would. Poison this is. Poison.