Attenuated ending - please define

[Pe...]

Good morning Jim,

Thank you for that, I do understand. My chart however is all messed up. I'd made an error in my new chart when moving half the afternoon dose back to the evening and holding at that point. I did not account for the reductions I'd already taken to that point which were minimal anyway.  I split the difference and made a new chart and continued.

So, I held at what I believed was .9464 total benzo.

Original starting numbers were: .121 powder (full dose) and .999 total benzo.  10 = 1.215

This is where I am.

.1163 =    .013 powder

.8188 =      .099 powder

---------------------------

.9358  and  .112 powder

So I am all goofed up here.  :idiot:  The benzo equivalents are my estimates on the high end of the range.  My symptoms are completely manageable at this point.

I'd like you to make me a chart this time.  :-\  When I make a new one, the powder numbers come out higher than I've been taking. If you can at least help me figure out where I am that would be terrific!

Thanks again  :angel:

-PH

Hi PeacefulHope :smitten:,

I have tried. Read 4 times your text and finally came out defeated  :-[. I just have no idea where to start from. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

Are you doing a direct taper? What is the average weight of a tablet? What is the tablet size? What is the day dose? What is the night dose? With what reduction are you tapering?

:hug:

Hi PeacefulHope :smitten:,

I have tried. Read 4 times your text and finally came out defeated  :-[. I just have no idea where to start from. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

Are you doing a direct taper? What is the average weight of a tablet? What is the tablet size? What is the day dose? What is the night dose? With what reduction are you tapering?

Hi Jim, no problem!  :)  Looks like I added incorrectly in my last post.

Direct taper, across doses, 5% over 14 days

1mg lorazepam tabs, average weight of ten = 1.215

As of today my (powder) doses are:

Day = .013

Bed = .099

Sometimes I can't get the program to let me change values from reduction percent to reduction quantity, although right now I can't recall what the difference means.  :idiot:

I'd like to make sure I taper with an attenuated ending.

Thank you  :smitten:

Hi PeacefulHope :smitten:

Could you please try this?

BU5KB2r.png

Sometimes I can't get the program to let me change values from reduction percent to reduction quantity, although right now I can't recall what the difference means.  :idiot:

The application has been designed so the 2 fields Percent and Quantity are mutually exclusive. Clear one field will reset the other and enter value in one field will disable the other. They reflect 2 different philosophies of taper:

Fixed percent per period of days (%/days) (When you enter data in the percent field)

A fixed percent calculated on the last dose will be reduced from the daily dose throughout the taper duration. As the daily dose decreases, so does the reduction quantity. That implies a very low reduction evolution, a longer taper duration but it will likely raise less symptoms. This method is "gentler" from a symptoms viewpoint. The resulting graph is a curve.

Fixed quantity per period of days (mg/days) (When you enter data in the quantity field)

A same and unchanged quantity calculated as a percent from the initial dose will be reduced from the daily dose throughout the taper duration. The fixed reduction quantity method, also known as symptoms-based taper method, is easy to understand and to apply. It can eventually offer a shorter taper duration compared to the fixed reduction percent. It's more prone to symptoms. The resulting graph is a straight line.

Let me first congratulate you to be such close to the cross line. For what I can see, in less than 4 months you will be off :D . For such a small dose like yours, the "Attenuated Ending" option will be of no use as the supposed quit dose (0.050 mg) intervenes BEFORE the point of adjustment at 1/3 dose (0.037 mg).

Could you please try this?

BU5KB2r.png

The application has been designed so the 2 fields Percent and Quantity are mutually exclusive. Clear one field will reset the other and enter value in one field will disable the other. They reflect 2 different philosophies of taper:

Fixed percent per period of days (%/days) (When you enter data in the percent field)

A fixed percent calculated on the last dose will be reduced from the daily dose throughout the taper duration. As the daily dose decreases, so does the reduction quantity. That implies a very low reduction evolution, a longer taper duration but it will likely raise less symptoms. This method is "gentler" from a symptoms viewpoint. The resulting graph is a curve.

Fixed quantity per period of days (mg/days) (When you enter data in the quantity field)

A same and unchanged quantity calculated as a percent from the initial dose will be reduced from the daily dose throughout the taper duration. The fixed reduction quantity method, also known as symptoms-based taper method, is easy to understand and to apply. It can eventually offer a shorter taper duration compared to the fixed reduction percent. It's more prone to symptoms. The resulting graph is a straight line.

Let me first congratulate you to be such close to the cross line. For what I can see, in less than 4 months you will be off :D . For such a small dose like yours, the "Attenuated Ending" option will be of no use as the supposed quit dose (0.050 mg) intervenes BEFORE the point of adjustment at 1/3 dose (0.037 mg).

Jim I think this can't be right ? :-\  are my decimals in the wrong place?

should they be .13 and and .99?  I literally just started a month ago.

What was the initial daily dose BEFORE you started to taper one month ago?

It was 1 mg  :-[

I weigh .012 and  .99 - sorry Jim  :-\

Try this:

sjmlUr8.png

Generate the report and go to one month later. See what is the TODAY doses and resume from there.

C9Um9cR.png

Try this:

sjmlUr8.png

Generate the report and go to one month later. See what is the TODAY doses and resume from there.

C9Um9cR.png

Thank you Jim - where I goofed my chart was in transferring half the afternoon dose back to the nighttime. (which I did do and continued reducing)  I don't know how to put in the current numbers to get a corrected chart.  Will try this though, and thanks.

I took day 28. Cut 1/2 from dose 1 (0.15 / 2) = 0.075 mg and transferred it to dose 2 (0.075 + 0.75) = 0.825 mg.

Try this.

PE7elW1.png