Does beta blockers hinder healing?

[Be...]

It may, but if you need them, take them. Is it for bp or heart rate?

Just make sure you go SLOWLY with anything you do from now on. Don't try this and that all at once. The CNS is very fragile and requires a slow, steady state. I've learned this the very hard way.

Thanks for the advice. I usually take them for hypertension and high bp, and sometimes if I'm very anxious i take em for that and fast hear beat.

No.

My doc prescribed a beta blocker for my migraines, (plus my bp was a little high... my bp is why she chose that instead of something else...)

It helped a lot - both for my bp & migraines ... and didn’t affect my taper at all.

May I know what beta blocker your doctor prescribed you?

No.

My doc prescribed a beta blocker for my migraines, (plus my bp was a little high... my bp is why she chose that instead of something else...)

It helped a lot - both for my bp & migraines ... and didn’t affect my taper at all.

[0e...]
I would have probably died without beta blockers, as it was i had a stroke before i was given them (too rapid taper due to clueless dr) and they didn't affect my taper at all. I still use them occasionally with no side effects and i don't believe they have affected my healing - except for the better as i'm not healed if i'm dead!

Let me restate: Like southern star, I would have suffered a great deal without beta blockers and other bp pills. I'm eternally grateful for taking them. At my worst phases of adrenaline surges, they didn't seem to help however. I was probably taking too weak a beta blocker (Labetalol). My bp even on the beta blockers would be 225-230 in the ER. (And I was taking 1,000 mg. of Labetalol!). But I recently had added Losartan, and that has made a huge difference. I realize that's not a beta blocker, but it suits me much better and my bp doesn't go up as much. I used to think there was a synergistic affect between the adrenaline surges and the beta blockers, and I've been on them for a long time, and I worry about taking bp pills all the time. So I was wondering if they affected GABA. I was outvoted here, but that's good news!