Weight gain. Sugar/carb cravings.

[Cu...]

I've read through a lot of posts since joining yesterday (12/1/18) and I see many which address weight Loss, not Gain :o.  I've been slim most of my life and in just 1 year have gained 15 lbs., which is too much for my frame.  Since I was always slim and never veered more than a few lbs. above or below usual weight (except for 1 bout of c. difficile colitis where I lost 15 lbs. over 5 months).  I'm totally unfamiliar with dieting and, honestly, with having to let go of so much during this ordeal, eating is one of my few enjoyments left.  I know that the decrease in activity, low energy levels and constant fatigue are contributing factors and it's a catch-22 situation since the fatigue causes less activity and so it goes.

Add the new sugar and carb cravings to the increased appetite, and it's no wonder I've gained this weight. :-[:(  It seems once I've begun eating for the day, it's near impossible to stop.  I'll usually have 1/2 bagel or bowl of Special K around 3:00 P.M., then eat a small meal around 8:00 P.M. and some snacks (pretzels or popcorn and about 6 cookies later, 2 or 3 hours apart).  That's also not really a whole Lot of food and is probably even less than I used to eat ::)  I'm thinking this, too, must be yet another slap in the face from benzo w/d :tickedoff:  Has anyone else experienced a weight gain during an active taper?  If so, have you found anything to aid you with controlling the cravings?  I've added L-glutamine, b/c i'd read that might help control sugar cravings, but haven't noticed any difference yet.  Thank you :smitten:

I have constant hunger and sugar/carb cravings every minute of every day.

I never feel full however much I eat and am having fight it constantly.

Had it for over a year now.

Hi CuzKK,

We are discussing this in this thread: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=214578.0

Perhaps you can join us as we try to figure out how to stop the crazy cravings. I piled on at least 20 lbs in several months due to zombie eating of carbs and sugary stuff.On top of dealing with the aftermath of getting off benzo,this added weight has done a number on my self esteem and I worry about my health because of it.

Soup