So far so good ... lorazepam easy taper so far.

[CH...]

I am just wanting to share my so far easy taper. I have been taking lorazepam for 11 years. I am down from 1mg a day to 0.375  in 9 months. I have burning and insomnia. 

Hi  CHEYBAR :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you found us, welcome to the community.  It’s good to hear you are having an easy taper, i hope this continues for you.  I had Insomnia and deep burning, they are quite common in withdrawal.  We have a dedicated board  dealing with sleep issues, you may find something that will help.   

The rule of thumb is to reduce the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14,  some need to taper slower, you are coping well at the moment.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Insomnia 

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Wow! I'm glad it's gone well for you. Gives me hope!  :) I just saw my psychiatrist today. I am stabilizing this month and starting a Lorazepam taper in January! Welcome and keep up the good work!

I am glad I am giving someone hope. I am doing the liquid taper and it is really easy to mix it up. It seems it would be hard but it isn't. I am only going down 6 percent every 14 days. It will take a long time but it is tolerable. I moved last year and Kaiser health care took my lorazepam and gabapentin away and tried to cold turkey me. I complained to the gynecologist and she gave me back the medications. I had enough left so I didn't have to go through what the other doctor had planned for me. I then looked up what I was on and figured I better get off of the lorazepam before another doctor pulls it.In the meantime we moved back to where I lived before and I am back with my doctor I've been seeing for years. I let her know I am getting off of the lorazepam and she told me to go slowly and she has witnessed lots of her patients getting off of it with no deal problems.  :)