Is there a scale you can recommend?

[mo...]

Hi, I'm gratefully down to .125 in my taper but now this is the crazy part. I'm finding the symptoms are getting more intense the lower I go as everyone said they would. Chopping pills and eyeballing it  is not going to work now and I need a scale to make very small and precise measurements. Is there a scale someone would recommend that is accurate? I tried the link to one suggested on the Benzo Dry Taper Math Blog but it's no longer available. Thanks all for any suggestions you may have.

Hi, I'm gratefully down to .125 in my taper but now this is the crazy part. I'm finding the symptoms are getting more intense the lower I go as everyone said they would. Chopping pills and eyeballing it  is not going to work now and I need a scale to make very small and precise measurements. Is there a scale someone would recommend that is accurate? I tried the link to one suggested on the Benzo Dry Taper Math Blog but it's no longer available. Thanks all for any suggestions you may have.

When I got down to .125 mg I also noticed it was more difficult.

I made a website to show what I did and on my website if you click on the scale it will take you to an Amazon page.  Here is the link https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Good luck to you.

Thanks to you both I will check those out.

Bob7- This is what I was saying above. I tried the link on your blog and the scale is no longer available. You may want to make an update.

Bob7, I'm curious why you need to chop down and mix the klonopin with the other substance. This seems so time consuming when isn't it possible to simply weigh the dosage you want with the scale and not crush, mix, create new tablets? I'm sure there's reasoning behind it but can you explain?

Thanks to you both I will check those out.

Bob7- This is what I was saying above. I tried the link on your blog and the scale is no longer available. You may want to make an update.

Bob7, I'm curious why you need to chop down and mix the klonopin with the other substance. This seems so time consuming when isn't it possible to simply weigh the dosage you want with the scale and not crush, mix, create new tablets? I'm sure there's reasoning behind it but can you explain?

Yeah there’s a good reason for the filler.

Once I got down to .125 mg, I was suffering so bad I wanted to to taper very slowly.    So I held for eight weeks to get stable.  Then I wanted to taper at a rate of 0.001 mg per day.

To do a difference of 0.001mg Klonopin each day on a scale, the scale would have to be able to measure a difference of 0.00034 grams.  That would be impossible.

By adding the filler, it dilutes the powder, and you only need to detect a difference of .003 g per each day which the scale can handle.

Thanks for telling me the Amazon link was broken. I’ll look into that.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks so much for explaining. I need to decide if it makes sense to cut the .125 in half for next taper or go the slow route. This last taper hit me hard and I was petrified.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks so much for explaining. I need to decide if it makes sense to cut the .125 in half for next taper or go the slow route. This last taper hit me hard and I was petrified.

Much of your situation matching mine.

I too started Klonopin for sleep - well I call it anxiety induced insomnia.  The Klonopin stopped the anxiety in my brain and really helped me sleep for many years.

Like you, I tapered by cutting off chunks - 1/8 of a pill was typical.  About every 2 or 3 weeks.

When I reached 0.125 mg, the withdrawal hit me hard.  Heart palpitations, insomnia, anxiety, short of breath, back pain, no stamina, and chest pains. 

My doctor said the chest pains where due to the anxiety causing my chest muscle to stay tight all day and night and so the muscles hurt.  He gave me Buspar.  I held at 0.125 mg for 8 weeks (the last 2 weeks I took the Buspar) and I stabilized.  Once stable, I started the 0.001mg per day reduction and was off Klonopin in 125 days - the symptoms were tolerable most of the time.

I too started Klonopin for sleep - well I call it anxiety induced insomnia.  The Klonopin stopped the anxiety in my brain and really helped me sleep for many years.

Like you, I tapered by cutting off chunks - 1/8 of a pill was typical.  About every 2 or 3 weeks.

When I reached 0.125 mg, the withdrawal hit me hard.  Heart palpitations, insomnia, anxiety, short of breath, back pain, no stamina, and chest pains. 

My doctor said the chest pains where due to the anxiety causing my chest muscle to stay tight all day and night and so the muscles hurt.  He gave me Buspar.  I held at 0.125 mg for 8 weeks (the last 2 weeks I took the Buspar) and I stabilized.  Once stable, I started the 0.001mg per day reduction and was off Klonopin in 125 days - the symptoms were tolerable most of the time.

Ok thank you for sharing. When you say tolerable what do you mean exactly? I know everyone is different but I ask because I have to work and function pretty well. Also I am thinking about trying to rapid taper over about 12 days since I'll be off work but not sure how to do that math I don't trust myself do you know how I'd figure out the measurements?

Ok thank you for sharing. When you say tolerable what do you mean exactly? I know everyone is different but I ask because I have to work and function pretty well. Also I am thinking about trying to rapid taper over about 12 days since I'll be off work but not sure how to do that math I don't trust myself do you know how I'd figure out the measurements?

Hey - the scale is now available.  Amazon is selling it again.  Go to the website to see it https://benzodrytapermath.com/

What I mean by tolerable is, I could still work at my 9 to 5 job. 

Before - when it was NOT tolerable - I had heart palpitations, insomnia, anxiety, short of breath, back pain, no stamina, and chest pains. 

You could try to rapid taper over 12 days but I don't recommend it.  I think by the time you are ready to go back to work in 12 days, all the the taper will be hitting you all at once.

Sure I can help you will the math but again, doing it in 12 days seems harsh.  In my website, I did 0.125 mg reduction in 125 days and it was not too hard.

Yes you're probably right. And your initial method as well as your symptoms sound similar to mine so that makes me think I *could* also benefit from 120 days but who really knows? At the same time whenever I taper my symptoms are usually worst the first few weeks then get better but now this is a new ballgame with this low dose. I'll probably lean on the safe side like you and others suggest. Just pray this is over soon. I want this poison out of my body and to be completely healed. Whatever that means for me.

Hey mountaintop1-

You are welcome!

It can be difficult to make important decisions when symptomatic.  .125 is still a substantial amount of benzo, especially if having to maintain a job.  As bad as we want off the medication, going to fast can and will produce intense symptoms, especially with those who are sensitive.

Go at a pace that will work best for you.  :thumbsup:

Thank you yes everyone says that. Slow and steady. Which is not my thing at all. I always jump right in or out of things. But definitely can't do that now. I think I'll do the Bob7 method a bit nervous I'll screw up measuring somehow but hey I'll follow his videos. Thanks.

Hi Bob7

Iwas checking your link and it is awesome, very nice organizaed and helpful. Can you please explain to me about the "Microcrystalline Cellulose, Ultra Pure ",

Thank you for your support

quote author=Bob7 link=topic=214149.msg2755840#msg2755840 date=1543716010]

I made a website to show what I did and on my website if you click on the scale it will take you to an Amazon page.  Here is the link https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Good luck to you.

Hi Bob7

Iwas checking your link and it is awesome, very nice organizaed and helpful. Can you please explain to me about the "Microcrystalline Cellulose, Ultra Pure ",

Thank you for your support

quote author=Bob7 link=topic=214149.msg2755840#msg2755840 date=1543716010]

Good luck to you.

That’s the stuff that I used to dilute my Klonopin tablets after they were crunched up.

Whereas some people use vodka  to dilute their drug I decided to use this dry powder so I can avoid liquids and put things in capsules which are handy for traveling.

Did that answer your question?

Hi Bod

Yes,  I am checking this because my mom she used to take 20 or 30 mg of diazepam.  we worked all the way down until half of 1 mg but after 4 weeks of reducing all symptom came back very back DP, DR, shaking, brain fog...  (she has all these on the beginning of this journey). So now she in 2 mg (one week) and she is calm and windows are present. We start acupuncture again yesterday, and also we going back to the gym tuesday & thursday :laugh:.

I'm wondering if the craziness came from the trip we did and be sitting 5 hour in a plane affect her.

So I'll will use your technique for further reductions.

Thank you  :angel:

Hi Bod

Yes,  I am checking this because my mom she used to take 20 or 30 mg of diazepam.  we worked all the way down until half of 1 mg but after 4 weeks of reducing all symptom came back very back DP, DR, shaking, brain fog...  (she has all these on the beginning of this journey). So now she in 2 mg (one week) and she is calm and windows are present. We start acupuncture again yesterday, and also we going back to the gym tuesday & thursday :laugh:.

I'm wondering if the craziness came from the trip we did and be sitting 5 hour in a plane affect her.

So I'll will use your technique for further reductions.

Thank you  :angel:

Benzo drugs are strange.  You can reduce at a constant rate for weeks and then all of a sudden, it hits you.  It is like all the reductions add up and you pay for them with symptoms.

How many months did you take to get from 20 mg to 0.5 mg?

Hi Bob, why do people use vodka? I thought alcohol wasn't a good idea when tapering? I definitely like the dry method and capsules.

I'm really worried though that I may measure wrong and screw something up. Have you seen that happen to anyone?

Hi Bob, why do people use vodka? I thought alcohol wasn't a good idea when tapering? I definitely like the dry method and capsules.

I'm really worried though that I may measure wrong and screw something up. Have you seen that happen to anyone?

They use vodka because it breaks down the benzo into solution.

People do worry about making errors / using any tapering method - liquid or dry - and that’s understandable but once you start doing it you realize that you can see everything and it’s in your control and you can visualize how big the material is - you’ll be peaceful about it.

Thank you Bob. I'm getting excited to start. Did you experience much insomnia when you tapered? I see it started at the .125 but did it get better when you slowed the taper process?

Yes insomnia got better but I’ve done so many different things I’m not sure which help the most.

Some of those off-the-shelf supplements  I talk about in my signature really seem to be helping.

Anxiety induced insomnia has always been my issue even before I got on benzos.

Ok great to hear that is very encouraging. I've posted before that my doctor told me I'll never sleep again without meds  so I really hope to prove him wrong. I had insomnia last week but it's improved while I've held so far. I was working out very intense and got a massage maybe one of those caused it. Praying it stays at bay.

Ok great to hear that is very encouraging. I've posted before that my doctor told me I'll never sleep again without meds  so I really hope to prove him wrong. I had insomnia last week but it's improved while I've held so far. I was working out very intense and got a massage maybe one of those caused it. Praying it stays at bay.

For many people sleeping has a strong element of psychology in it. I can’t believe your doctor would be so foolish to tell you such a statement.

The following link really seemed to help me sleep well - using Zinc and Vit B Complex before bed to get a stable Glutamate VS  GABA level.

http://www.holistichelp.net/blog/how-to-increase-gaba-and-balance-glutamate/

Glutamate excites you, GABA calms you.  Glutamate converts to GABA to calm you but it needs Vit B6 and Biotin and Zinc to do it. 

I also take L’theanine to reduce anxiety.

Some folks use this Gemini 20 Gram Scale

This is another more pricey Precision Gram Scale

I use the Gemini...it’s not perfect but pretty damn good. One tip I could suggest. Weigh your dose a couple times especially if you’re adding/removing microscopic chips from the scale. It may not budge looking as you’re adding/removing, but if you shut off the scale and then put the pill/dust back on, it will help the accuracy.