Builder, I’m having the same problem as RaquelRocks

[In...]

Builder,

I asked about this before, but I’m not sure that whole fat milk makes a “proper solvent.”

I want to try those ODTS also as mentioned before, but I’m not sure if the whole fat milk is a proper solvent.

It is if you add sugar(solute) to the milk(solvent), but a Benzo tablet is not a sugar pill by any means.

So will those ODTs work in whole fat milk, and is the milk a proper solvent?

Just need to know what you think about this. No other meds involved; just multiple switches to various versions of clonazepam and about to make a 6th switch to another. This constant switching is keeping me from tapering and making me sick also.

I appreciate your knowledge and help.

Milk will work for all common benzos, except lorazepam.

And it doesn't matter what form the benzo comes in.  Remember, its the benzo that needs to dissolve, whether its in a conventional tablet, or an ODT, the process is the same.

Again, the benzo in an ODT is NOT dissolved in the oral cavity, the benzo is released into the saliva and is still intact when its swallowed.

Builder,

So I posit this on the basis of your explanation.

The clonazepam in conventional form or in ODT form is dropped in the measured milk, refrigerated

overnight in a small jar. The jar is taken out in the morning and contents of milk and pill are stirred

(whatever one prefers) to mix contents thoroughly-For Peace Of Mind-as the clonazepam is

already dissolved in the milk. The set amount of the pull is taken by the syringe, and the rest of the

milk is divided up as necessary to drink for doses.

And this all means that the milk is the solvent we think it is because the pill is dissolved.

Am I correct in my thinking here?

Builder,

So I posit this on the basis of your explanation.

The clonazepam in conventional form or in ODT form is dropped in the measured milk, refrigerated

overnight in a small jar. The jar is taken out in the morning and contents of milk and pill are stirred

(whatever one prefers) to mix contents thoroughly-For Peace Of Mind-as the clonazepam is

already dissolved in the milk. The set amount of the pull is taken by the syringe, and the rest of the

milk is divided up as necessary to drink for doses.

And this all means that the milk is the solvent we think it is because the pill is dissolved.

Am I correct in my thinking here?

Yes, all correct.

Builder,

Thank you so much for the quick response and for your great knowledge and your help.

I truly wasn’t sure. So glad for your confirmation.

Why do You think that the vodka/water method is more preferred/promoted now?

I am curious, and haven’t tried it. I might though.

Builder,

More convenient, more portable, can be diluted to any ratio the user chooses, no refrigeration, etc.

When you make a benzo solution with alcohol or PG, its just the same as any liquid med you would get at the pharmacy.  No special handling or care is needed.

Builder,

More convenient, more portable, can be diluted to any ratio the user chooses, no refrigeration, etc.

When you make a benzo solution with alcohol or PG, its just the same as any liquid med you would get at the pharmacy.  No special handling or care is needed.

Definitely more convenient as far as portability and refrigeration. And not much stirring if any required as the alcohol dissolves the Benzo within seconds.

And I guess these liquid meds you get at pharmacies have alcohol in them as far as the way they are made. Like this Roxanne brand if that still exists. More than the 1-2 ml were talking about.

But I get concerned how even that much alcohol would affect me especially on an empty stomach. Doubt that I be “chipper” as even 4 ozs of wine used to get me slurring my words. But I probably need to see what 2 ml of water looks like drawn up through a syringe. That would give me an idea of what 2 ml of vodka would look like. I might be ok with that amount.

Can’t be slurring my words as I often have to rush out of the house early in the morning. Never had very good tolerance for alcohol as far back as I can remember.

I’m always concerned

Definitely more convenient as far as portability and refrigeration. And not much stirring if any required as the alcohol dissolves the Benzo within seconds.

And I guess these liquid meds you get at pharmacies have alcohol in them as far as the way they are made. Like this Roxanne brand if that still exists. More than the 1-2 ml were talking about.

But I get concerned how even that much alcohol would affect me especially on an empty stomach. Doubt that I be “chipper” as even 4 ozs of wine used to get me slurring my words. But I probably need to see what 2 ml of water looks like drawn up through a syringe. That would give me an idea of what 2 ml of vodka would look like. I might be ok with that amount.

Can’t be slurring my words as I often have to rush out of the house early in the morning. Never had very good tolerance for alcohol as far back as I can remember.

I’m always concerned

Alcohol and PG are the most widely used pharma solvents worldwide.  Roxane (now called West Labs) make 2 diazepam liquid, one with alcohol and one with PG

2ml = .07 ozs.  It would take 21 X 2ml doses just to equal one standard cocktail or 1 glass of wine.  Yoiu get more alcohol than that in a glass of orange juice.

And if you're really hung up about alcohol, just use PG.

Well, builder,

These are good back up plans for me to consider.

You can be sure that one cocktail or one glass of wine would put me “under the table.” But if it’s 42 times the amount of alcohol, that’s definitely something to think about.

I can get my daughter to pick up a small bottle of vodka so I can try this out as she regularly buys wine at the liquor store.

Seems like a very efficient way to taper so I’m going to give it a shot.

That one cocktail spread over 21 days!  Or 1/21st of one cocktail.

.07 ozs!!

I guarantee you you already get more alcohol than that each day from other sources.

Or just use PG!

::)

That one cocktail spread over 21 days!  Or 1/21st of one cocktail.

.07 ozs!!

I guarantee you you already get more alcohol than that each day from other sources.

Or just use PG!

::)

Ok builder. Now I understand the amount of alcohol consumed in the vodka/water method. Since that amount is over a 3 week period, it’s a minuscule amount on a daily basis.

And I suppose one could drop that amount lower as one tapers down as in .5 mg = 1 ml.

Out of curiosity, (because I’m always curious) what other sources of alcohol are there that people ingest or apply to themselves that provide them with alcohol on a daily basis? This is learning process for me and not intended to get you exasperated.

As far as the propylene glycol, I understand what it is, what it’s used for, that’s its available on Amazon, and apparently Walmart. Actually, lots of sources now that I’m looking. Is it also used in the same ratio as the alcohol?

Ok builder. Now I understand the amount of alcohol consumed in the vodka/water method. Since that amount is over a 3 week period, it’s a minuscule amount on a daily basis.

And I suppose one could drop that amount lower as one tapers down as in .5 mg = 1 ml.

Out of curiosity, (because I’m always curious) what other sources of alcohol are there that people ingest or apply to themselves that provide them with alcohol on a daily basis? This is learning process for me and not intended to get you exasperated.

As far as the propylene glycol, I understand what it is, what it’s used for, that’s its available on Amazon, and apparently Walmart. Actually, lots of sources now that I’m looking. Is it also used in the same ratio as the alcohol?

Any perishable food product can create small amounts of alcohol.  There are airborne natural yeasts in the air everywhere.  All they have to do is combine with a sugar and they create alcohol.  Any fruit juice that is not loaded with preservative will make alcohol.  Even fresh fruit will make alcohol if it becomes over-ripe.  Alcohol can even form in milk  left out at room temp.

If you use a mouthwash, it will almost certainly contain alcohol.  You cannot actually avoid swallowing a little, and some will also be absorbed through the oral tissue/membrane anyway.

You would use PG in the same ratios.

But .07ozs/day will have no effect on you, physically or psychically.

Builder,

Thank you again.

I actually think you need a Christmas vacation for all the good work you do here.

I’m aware that you are an engineer. Just for information, my brother is an electrical engineer, and my grandson is graduating in mining engineering and environmental engineering. Although they are essentially “opposed” to each other, he is interested in both, and figures if one doesn’t “work out” in terms of fossil fuels, the other one will.

I hope your family is well, and also want the best for you.

I have learned so much from you here, that I can only say thank you again. If I ever get off clonazepam, it will because of you.

Builder

I'm grateful you told me about the vodka method. I understood the alcohol content would be low because it's a ml to ml ration. I also like knowing it will keep a long time so I don't have to do batches so often.

Now that my mind is working somewhat better, I see how easy it will be to mix up a 10 day batch or so, just use the syringe for my bedtime dose--the one I am going to cut when I get stable, and the taper will go slow and steady.

You're a good resource. Glad to have met you on this board.