Anyone else unable to do social media?

[Fa...]

I can barely check Facebook. Snapchat and Instagram and all the rest....I just can't handle looking at them.

Why??!!???

before all these I absolutely love social media and it's how I keep in touch with my family up north.

My daughter just snapchatted me a picture of a deer that she got hunting today and all I could feel was burning in the pit of my stomach. I grew up hunting.

If I go onto Facebook and it says somebody updated their status like I don't even want to go and read it.

Is that anxiety???

if anybody that's healed reads this did you have that same issue?

Hi fakeit, I have this too. I think it’s anxiety basically everyone is living life and going about and we are stuck inside our lala world of anxiety and depression and it makes us crazy. I get extremely depressed getting on social media so I stay away. Just to see people living life and me being stuck inside the house with debilitating anxiety makes me feel so hopeless.

• 4 weeks later...

I often can’t look at it because pictures of people and pretty much everything else can cause extreme feeling of terror because everything looks wrong.

Also often too bright.

Today my tablet looks like I could just put my hand right through it. Terrifying.

I stopped social media years ago, seemed dystopian, everyone trapped in an advertising machine, substituting real human contact with the fakeness that is social media, right now i think I'm just bothered by the bright lights. :sick: Makes my head spin.