Describe your anxiety.

[Fa...]

I'm trying to figure out what the heck this off feeling is that I have. I know it's not depression because I can be driving my car singing to the radio and dancing with my daughter but I still have this awful feeling in my head. It's like I've been drugged or poisoned or something. At least that's how I described it to my husband.

Is that anxiety??

And the constant thinking about it because it won't go away so it's always there I'm always thinking about it. I know some people talk about obsessive thinking. Is that from anxiety?

And most important will it go away?

Not sure you want to hear mine...

Yes ...it’s an off ...drugged ....feeling. I don’t recognize it anymore. It’s not at all like the panic attacks I used to have.  It never leaves now.

It’s so great that you can drive and sing and dance though. That sounds lovely. Do that enough and I’m sure it will go away because you are replacing it with all those good chemical producing activities.

Yes ...it’s an off ...drugged ....feeling. I don’t recognize it anymore. It’s not at all like the panic attacks I used to have.  It never leaves now.

It’s so great that you can drive and sing and dance though. That sounds lovely. Do that enough and I’m sure it will go away because you are replacing it with all those good chemical producing activities.

Well it's been 9 months now and it won't go away.

The more I think about it the more I realize how anxious I was before this. But I never ever ever felt like I do now. I was never so hyper aware of my feelings. I may have had an anxious moments are moments when I was scared of something but as soon as those things past I would go back to normal. Now the feeling never goes away. It's like when you have a loose tooth and you can forget about it for a few moments but then you always go back to wiggling it with your tongue.

Is that how yours feels?

And why would it make me not be able to watch TV shows that I used to like or get on social media or enjoy football games stuff like that? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Well it's been 9 months now and it won't go away.

The more I think about it the more I realize how anxious I was before this. But I never ever ever felt like I do now. I was never so hyper aware of my feelings. I may have had an anxious moments are moments when I was scared of something but as soon as those things past I would go back to normal. Now the feeling never goes away. It's like when you have a loose tooth and you can forget about it for a few moments but then you always go back to wiggling it with your tongue.

Is that how yours feels?

And why would it make me not be able to watch TV shows that I used to like or get on social media or enjoy football games stuff like that? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes it never goes away now and my anxiety always used to go away. This isn’t even like my old anxiety.  I also can’t watch tv shows I used to watch. It’s not making any sense to me either. I’m still on k, and I’ve been lower than this before .. I don’t understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine feels like I skipped a step walking down stairs. Then pressure / dizzy in my head and nausea.

I'm not even tapering. I reinstated to do a slower taper

Mine is a hypersensitivity that is hard to turn off. I feel it as pain and tightness in my right side under my breastbone. It seems to affect everything. I can have a panic attack within seconds if there is a strong environmental factor that triggers it.

Mine is coming out as anger and bit obsessive and intrusive thoughts.  Like I get stuck being angry and upset about something and I just can't stop thinking about it.  It's so frustrating.

Mine is coming out as anger and bit obsessive and intrusive thoughts.  Like I get stuck being angry and upset about something and I just can't stop thinking about it.  It's so frustrating.

I also get angry! I feel this inner rage that it hard to turn off, but I never thought of it as an anxiety symptom.

I also get angry! I feel this inner rage that it hard to turn off, but I never thought of it as an anxiety symptom.

I actually saw a therapist about my anger, and she said it was likely that for me, the anxiety that most people feel during withdrawal, is coming out as anger, and she said it's "healthier" but now I am trying very hard to work on anger management and finding it very difficult.

Mine is pure fear, irrational thinking flooding into my head, and avoidant behavior. It feels like my brain is playing chess with anxiety and thinking 10 moves ahead about everything. I'm thinking of what could go wrong. Did I do everything right today? It's usually when people are around. Especially when authority figures are around, like the GM. Before he gets there, I walk the whole building making sure everything is perfect and going over my work for the day. I over think and over analyze everything to the point that sometimes someone will say something to me, and I will just sit there frozen for a few seconds thinking of something to say. It's an awful feeling that has been lingering with me since I was a pre-teen. Today I'm doing Christmas with my family, and I've already gone over multiple scenarios that could go wrong. I even thought about driving back to work just to skip Christmas!

Mine is a totally inability to ever be at peace, an intense fear and a feeling of overwhelming despair because I've been like this for so long and can't ever see it ending :(

Anxiety for me is constant. It's the reason I started taking benzos in the first place. I experience it with a tightness in my chest and when my thoughts go to a particularly anxious subject (like "I've been in this intense suffering for almost two years now") my stomach lurches and actually cramps up until I let go of that thought.  At the very beginning of this ordeal I had to go to my bedroom and lie down and count to 12 in my mind over and over again while I deflected each thought. Anxiety is very fearful thinking and very repetitive.  Walking back and forth in the house while praying or chanting has helped me cope. Sometimes my anxiety turns into real terror (usually upon awakening) and that is incredibly difficult. When I'm thinking positively I appreciate my coping skills that when my brain is healed, I will have developed skills to help me deal with "normal" anxiety. Also, usually by nighttime, I'm so exhausted the anxiety doesn't have the energy to hurt so intensely.

And one more thing. I have had trouble watching TV (and still do, to a certain extent) because I would have intrusive thoughts or memories that I then became anxious about and I also have tremendous DR which played into the whole mess as well. I can now watch certain movies at times, but I can't watch any kind of TV show except CNN news because I've gotten used to the faces and I can't identify with most of the content.

I never had anxiety before benzo in my life. I got benzo for sleeping bc I was going trough peri menapouse.

Now I have constant fear I’m losing my mind, inner shake, thingling all over my body specially my head and scalp, burning scalp.. nothing gives me relief, can’t watch tv or listen music, can’t talk on a phone, worry nonstop how is going to be the next day.

Constant crying bc the head pain and is triggering my anxiety and more anxiety I have more head pain I have. Terrible circle what I can’t come out.

Chest pain, heart pain, hole body has muscles spasm. Can’t sleep my mind never shots off. Panick attacks. Feeling total exhausted all the time. 31 months out, don’t see the light.