Hello everyone I'm new here. Need to taper from 40 mg diazepam

[St...]

Hello all, to cut my story short I got of opiates but I am on methadone 60 ml. I felt empty without the opiates and got hold of a few vali and started having a couple of beers but not everyday. My problem has really began when finding a source that I can order and receive them within 2 days. I have now been using them around 3month at 40/50 mg daily. I have basically swapped one drug 4 another, has any of you tapered from this amount? Will it be so hard being only a few months. How much should I taper by weekly or daily, I can get 10s and 5s

I plan to stock up enough to do this? How many boxes of 10s or 5s would I need

I just don't have a clue and very worried about this. What's the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for all help.

First off welcome to the forum

Benzos are a bad substitute, it seems like you now have 2 addictions to fight instead of 1. :( Nobody here is qualified to help you, we can only speak from our own experiences.

IMO you're probably going to feel worse after coming off the Valium then when you were just on methadone. It can take a long time to recover from benzo addiction, usually it takes 3-12 months. It's recommended you taper 10% every 2 weeks until you're at 0.5mg Valium, then you stop.

You're in for a very difficult and long fight and you need a clear plan. Just as a guess i'd say stop drinking first, then taper the Valium, then finally the methadone.

Hi thank u for your reply and advice. When you say jump off at .5mg is that 5 mg or half a mg? Many thanks. Hope your also doing OK. Also is it best I spread my dose or do I take all at once as I'm currently doing in the afternoon?

OK. When I get to 30 mg next WK I will take 20 mg as my usual afternoom dose then the other 10 mg late afternoon around 5pm I normaly take the whole dose around 12:30pm. So I will get to the 30 mg stick to that does for 7 to 10 days then drop to 25 and so on, if feeling to uncomfortable I just slow down a tad does that seem the right way to go? I know lots on opiate drugs but learning about benzo now. It was after hearing about people being on them for 10 or more years and clueless docs cutting them off and still struggling many years later that really freaked me out, so I thought get out while its only been a few months. I have tapered fentanyl patches after being on for 6wks during being in hospital and also slow tapper with subutex and never found that to tough and hoping the same with this. Many thanks.